Skip navigation

OpenGL 3.3 / 4

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > OpenGL 3.3 / 4
Level 12 Human Tinker
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 11, 2010 at 7:10 pm

http://arstechnica.com/software/news/2010/03/opengl-4-spec-arrives-with-direct3d-11-feature-parity.ars

When do we get to see Tread Marks 2?

:)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 12, 2010 at 8:01 am

Now if only I already had a GPU that supported that :D

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on March 12, 2010 at 9:14 am

Still no DSA. I was really kind of expecting that in OpenGL 4 :(

I am glad to see that OpenGL is under steady development nowadays, though, especially after the Longs Peak fiasco nearly destroyed my confidence in Khronos. However, until Intel supports it (they don't even support OpenGL 3.0 yet!) it's not going to be viable to use this commercially.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Posted on March 12, 2010 at 6:50 pm

Still no DSA. I was really kind of expecting that in OpenGL 4 :(

I am glad to see that OpenGL is under steady development nowadays, though, especially after the Longs Peak fiasco nearly destroyed my confidence in Khronos. However, until Intel supports it (they don't even support OpenGL 3.0 yet!) it's not going to be viable to use this commercially.

well rick if it is ever supported i would go with it also rick do you ever intend to make a sequel to tread marks in the future or at least do a major update because a lot of people want it and if you did maybe more people would play it most people i know don't just because there hasn't been a real major update or a sequel and is mainly why most people quit playing

it would be great if you'd at least make some major changes and add a few new features to it like voice chat with a headset maybe some fixes or changes or at least some new content specifically for tread marks

also how is hegemony going? haven't heard much news and i hope it becomes a big sucess like dx-ball or TM for that matter

Posted on March 15, 2010 at 8:05 pm

We don't currently have plans for a sequel to TM, although we've played with the idea a few times.

Hegemony's coming along well; we'll be releasing pretty soon, actually.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on March 15, 2010 at 10:19 pm

Wish I had the time to really be testing still, Rick. My schedule has been crazy the last few weeks again, with virtually no time for anything.

Posted on March 16, 2010 at 12:09 am

No need to apologize; we greatly appreciate the amount of work you put into the game. Seriously, you've been uber-helpful.