Skip navigation

Dinochrome: Status Update

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Dinochrome: Status Update
Level 16 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 7, 2005 at 1:48 pm

Hi,

Dinochrome is running on a temporary system; TMLogScan has been installed so those not wishing to be tracked should be aware.

I have modified it somewhat in an effort to get it to function like the defunct installation but it has differences that are palpable to those who use it regularly.

I have added a turkey weapon and you will get the rare 50 round bomb pack.

Extra's required to play; Conan (fixed Barbarian), RoundUp, Cup and Saucer, PitBull and Kansazz.

Currently the green turd and other unpublished tanks work. If they stop working, don't say I didn't warn you. (Hint, if it acts like a pillbox or a top, you are welcome!).

Also, I am once again taking requests for new map rotations.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 7, 2005 at 4:01 pm

Could you increase the reload speed for 120mm shells and connan for that matter? :twisted:
TY!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 7, 2005 at 6:53 pm

Could you increase the reload speed for 120mm shells and connan for that matter? :twisted:
TY!

Increase? :shock:

I think it's the stock reload time of 4 seconds...you want it to be longer? :(

I think the Conan tank has a faster reload than the stock tank... ;)

Posted on July 7, 2005 at 7:11 pm

Well,

No, Conan shoots faster and kicks harder but the turret turns slow and it is easy to miss when 80% of your targets are below the tread skirts or lower when discussing the popular unfinished tanks. Besides, you run out of ammo quick enough and need to find a weapon anyway.

Although, I may stick the green turd ent back in and give it a 60 second reload time.

'Dreaming of a TM2 where the Barbarian works like the Conan and Draconian works like the Draco...'

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 7, 2005 at 10:47 pm

...increase the speed of reload... it sounded in my head like: can you make it reload faster?... cannons still have the same reload time as "normal" while all other weapons reload faster... it feels uneven when you run out of a weapon's ammo.. talking about ammo how about more shells in spawn boxes, please? :lol:

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on July 7, 2005 at 10:54 pm

:twisted: Really VTB 60 seconds reload for the Half-Trac nice go cat meow to you!

Posted on July 7, 2005 at 11:30 pm

Pab,

I may not have control over the unpublished tanks in the community but I can mess them up on my own server.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 9, 2005 at 5:07 pm

uhm... all I would like is faster "recoil" of the cannon (for tanks) to shoot shells and more shells in the boxes... you do in your server what pleases you with the unpublished tanks... I don't use them... and don't care who does :P

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 10, 2005 at 9:25 pm

Well...the stats got reset. :(

Guess I'll have to build it back up again! :twisted: :roll: :shock: :lol:

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 3:16 pm

[b] 8) Thanks Pab...I don't know why VTB has a bone for unpu tanks, he should change his charger and get rid of that "bath tub"..lol :shock:............Ok VTB now that I d/loaded cup and whatever, what do I do with them...I'll try to contact you this way !

Posted on July 11, 2005 at 6:34 pm

Hmm, this could be a good sticky

Open the addonname.zip with WinZip
Press Ctrl-A (select all)
Select Extract button
Locate the toplevel directory of your TreadMarks installation (mine is usually in c:\program files\Treadmarks1.5)
Check the use folder names option
Check the overwrite existing files option

If you followed the directions above, you should now have the addon installed correctly.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 11:04 am

sigh... the original post was nicer... :(

uhm... Vor: did you get it when I said that normal tanks... any tank... takes longer to reload shells and therefore shot a pea?.... Talking in general... you may have no chance against a plasma ball loaded tank that shoots every .5 seconds with a "no-ammo" tank that shoots shells every 3 sec.
That's the only thing I truly would like to see changed in your server :) (and more shells in the boxes <spawn points>) jeez... for all this time I played this game, you would think I knew the names of its identities :roll:

Posted on July 12, 2005 at 12:32 pm

Hmm, the tank ents are stock.

Run! Run! Find a weapon! Fast!!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 2:39 pm

I no longer run from AI's :twisted: I'll just wait 'till they pulverize me and get another weapon by default. :!:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 12, 2005 at 2:54 pm

Really... 8)