Skip navigation

Sareesataka

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Sareesataka
Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 14, 2010 at 12:02 am

And you thought we just fragged tanks. In the last DDM, Meloncracker reminded us of a childhood program, Land of the Lost. The question is, who was saying "Sareesataka".

Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 17, 2010 at 6:55 pm

if you don't believe me, here is the game: Sareesatake

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 4, 2010 at 9:21 pm

SAREESATAKA was what that little vermin or rat Chaka used to say because he wasn't sufficiently evolved to say SLEESTAK when the lizard people were about. Actually Chaka was a young caveman.
I don't know why I have always had an irrational hate for Chaka. I guess I can blame the show's creators for making him such a stooge or comic relief character. It's very hard to have much respect for someone with an IQ of 3.
Or maybe I'm just finding it hard to believe that Sid and Marty Krofft felt the need to have an annoying character like that in a show that was mostly cool otherwise.
I still get on from time to time and play anyone that is on. Mostly AIs. If anyone is up for a challenge, I get on about 10:30 or 11:00 Central for a while on the LDA server to see if anyone is on.
[LWA]mELONcRACKER

Level 9 Human
Alignment: Evil
Posted on September 5, 2010 at 12:36 am

I remember the show very well came on every Sat morning it and scooby doo was my favorites along with speedbugy gotta love Ol HannaBarbera :)

Level 9 Human Private Pilot
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 19, 2010 at 3:47 pm

I remember the show very well came on every Sat morning it and scooby doo was my favorites along with speedbugy gotta love Ol HannaBarbera :)

I think Land of the Lost was one of those "Krofft Brothers" productions. The H&B animated show was "Valley of the Dinosaurs". Believe it or not, both shows premiered on the same day, so it's tough to tell if one ripped off the other, or if this was a fantastic coincidence.

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on September 19, 2010 at 7:34 pm

yes, it was Sid and Marty Krofft that created "land of the lost" along with "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters", 'Far Out Space Nuts", "H.R. Puff'n'Stuff", "The Bugaloos", "The Osmond Family Show" , and my favs "the Lost Saucer" and "The Banana Split Show" among many many others ( not to mention the Bay City Rollers show.....).

God I'm old.......