Skip navigation

treadmix

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > treadmix
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on January 7, 2010 at 7:02 pm

treadmix server is now up on thursdays at 7:00 pm through 10:00 hope youll be there! download link is athttp://www.fileplanet.com/search.aspx?searchtype=2&q=treadmix

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 7, 2010 at 10:13 pm

treadmix server is now up on thursdays at 7:00 pm through 10:00 hope youll be there! download link is athttp://www.fileplanet.com/search.aspx?searchtype=2&q=treadmix

I've seen treadmix before also i know that LDA didn't make Treadmix nor did i hear them give any rights to make something so drastically similar

also i know somebody made a post about this previously before the new forums were made

hey rick:
i wonder if you know anything about treadmix as it sure looks like a shitty stolen copy of tread marks that more people would play not to mention its on file planet and TONS of people visit that site compared to Longbow Games which now there is only the few people who still play tread marks and other games.....

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on January 9, 2010 at 1:41 am

Actually, File Planet took these files down a while ago; it looks like the page is still up, but the file links error out.

I encourage the person behind Treadmix to re-release, but without distributing our game files (i.e. piracy).

Posted on January 10, 2010 at 3:37 am

Actually, File Planet took these files down a while ago; it looks like the page is still up, but the file links error out.

I encourage the person behind Treadmix to re-release, but without distributing our game files (i.e. piracy).

here's some news rick!

very funny thing i found tread mix as a mod not a game but all came from one place

The Stolen Copy Of Tread Marks

i did some digging this is where it all originates from egames

if you look at the mods they stole addon tanks like the juggernaut and made a trial of your game!

i hope you'll do something about this rick i know that eGames installs spy-ware and other malicious content with many of their games i am not going to find out if their stolen copy has it but tread mix is a mod provided by egames

just looking at the stolen game pisses me off the fact they stole vlad's juggernaut and possibly way more just makes me want to sue their asses big time why? they could steal my mods i have worked preciously for years if released and they stole it i will and would give them hell to pay i'd get fuckin money for their shit as i have a huge passion for modding tread marks and if they did that to me i could never forgive them.....

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on January 11, 2010 at 5:06 pm

i thought i heard the name of a tank called juggernaught in the mods at vorklift! dude... thats not right. he can put up his own server but not steal mods. well i know his email so does fingle. go to his website at www.treadmix.com and there are no different weapons in there either so is that technically a mod? they just fire different. his name on the treadmix server is samsher but that was long ago.

Posted on January 11, 2010 at 6:26 pm

i thought i heard the name of a tank called juggernaught in the mods at vorklift! dude... thats not right. he can put up his own server but not steal mods. well i know his email so does fingle. go to his website at www.treadmix.com and there are no different weapons in there either so is that technically a mod? they just fire different. his name on the treadmix server is samsher but that was long ago.

Tread Mix Mod By Egames

Update Containing The Juggernaut

i don't think he is involved i am thinking egames is our problem but who knows it could be both

anyways this is not made by longbow digital arts and i am sure they dd not give the rights to make a copy of the game unless you aren't telling me something rick

here it is ultimate pawnage since you did not know i am actually suprised on what you said i heard a completely different story before about this on an older post

and i had no idea he set up a server or even that tread mix was for that purpose from what i saw it was a game not a server not a mod this mod even looks like it could be stolen from him so as more info adds up we'll find out whats really happening

Posted on January 11, 2010 at 6:52 pm

When I actually try to download those links, it pops up a window saying there's been an error and to contact FilePlanet. I assume this is because FilePlanet has taken the files down. Are you guys able to download these files?

For the record, we used to have a publishing deal for eGames for Tread Marks. They probably bought a copy from eGames, and that's the copy they're trying to pirate.

Posted on January 11, 2010 at 7:17 pm

When I actually try to download those links, it pops up a window saying there's been an error and to contact FilePlanet. I assume this is because FilePlanet has taken the files down. Are you guys able to download these files?

For the record, we used to have a publishing deal for eGames for Tread Marks. They probably bought a copy from eGames, and that's the copy they're trying to pirate.

probably at one time i was able to download treadmix that was when the last post about this ended up on the previous forum

i was able to download the treadmix mod and the update the actual tread mix page no longer exists but i can still download both things i mentioned the treadmix mod and update

Posted on January 11, 2010 at 8:56 pm

This is what I see when I follow your link:

When I click on 'Download this file now' I see this:

Finally, when I click on a server, I see this:

Do you get something different?

Posted on January 15, 2010 at 6:17 pm

This is what I see when I follow your link:

When I click on 'Download this file now' I see this:

Finally, when I click on a server, I see this:

Do you get something different?

yes i did

i didn't see that pop up and i also downloaded the files they are 100 megabits and bigger so all i could probably do is upload it myself where you could download it i didn't use fire fox this time

i could take pictures too but i didn't

Posted on January 15, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Thanks for your help; I've sent another email off to FilePlanet and hopefully they'll take care of it shortly.

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on March 6, 2010 at 12:51 am

sorry to resurrect, but the files are still dl-able from those fileplanet links.

Level 12 Human Writer & Computer Consultant
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 1, 2010 at 1:24 pm

In reference Treadmix:
It is a very poorly modded copy of TreadMarks; most of the stuff should be in the AddOns directory, yet isn't. Now, had this person (whoever they were!) done a proper mod (even a TCM (total-conversion mod) that resided 99% in the addons directory (like STORM Racer does), this would be good. This was not the case at all. (BTW: Tank physics are totally jacked in that thing... the Dwarf is so fast it's uncontrollable, for example, yet the AIs seem to control it just fine. If there's a race with a Dwarf in it, you're skewered. You're NOT gonna win. No way.)

Will have to check where/how I downloaded it, though. Don't recall it being from FilePlanet. (if this guy's done a torrent file, we're in deep trouble, unless there's a way to force removal of the thing from all trackers!)

Posted on April 1, 2010 at 9:24 pm

In reference Treadmix:
It is a very poorly modded copy of TreadMarks; most of the stuff should be in the AddOns directory, yet isn't. Now, had this person (whoever they were!) done a proper mod (even a TCM (total-conversion mod) that resided 99% in the addons directory (like STORM Racer does), this would be good. This was not the case at all. (BTW: Tank physics are totally jacked in that thing... the Dwarf is so fast it's uncontrollable, for example, yet the AIs seem to control it just fine. If there's a race with a Dwarf in it, you're skewered. You're NOT gonna win. No way.)

Will have to check where/how I downloaded it, though. Don't recall it being from FilePlanet. (if this guy's done a torrent file, we're in deep trouble, unless there's a way to force removal of the thing from all trackers!)

yes i've noticed that and the fact is none should be hosted there i believe i've seen it elsewhere and pawnage said that he knew some guy who developed a mod called treadmix and had a server whether he's responsible or not some person obviously had done this a while back.

rick if you read this let us know whether you can fix this or at least update us on whats going on and if it continues to remain there and if whoever the creator is steals my mods i can and will put a stop to it as i have a big mod project under development and i don't have time for Thieves to steal my mods and claim it as theirs and even possibly make profit off them.

Posted on April 2, 2010 at 3:57 am

I've been dealing with IGN (owner of FilePlanet) about this, but they're really slow.