Skip navigation

DX-Ball 2 juddery

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > DX-Ball 2 juddery
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 6, 2009 at 2:21 pm

Hi guys, as the title says I bought the game (all the packs, actually) earlier on as I used to play it years ago, but on my Vista x64 system although it runs in-game everything is really jerky and juddery. Not to unplayable levels, but it's extremely off-putting. The ball jerks, the power-ups jerk as they fall, etc. I've tried setting the exe compatibility to XP and various other options, but nothing doing. Anyone experiencing the same thing? I also have Super DX-Ball (I know, it's not made by you guys) but this does not do it.

Again, anyone with the same thing or possible solutions please reply!

ETA: In windowed mode it appears to be fine (unless at a smaller resolution it's not noticeable), it's just in full screen. I'd really prefer to use full screen though! I've also just tried it on my brother's computer (he uses XP) and no problems either full screen or windowed. D'oh.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 7, 2009 at 4:24 pm

This is probably because your video card doesn't like running at 640x480. Have you tried updating your video card drivers? If you're not sure how to do that, we have instruction over on the Tread Marks FAQ. (I know your question isn't about Tread Marks; that just happens to be something that comes up a lot for that game.)