Skip navigation

Hegemony Controls

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Controls
Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 2, 2009 at 1:23 am

Is there a list of keyboard commands anywhere? I haven't yet found it in the ingame pedia system.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 2, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Rick's currently working on making all the controls configurable as well as their in-game references so we don't have a reference sheet yet.

Other than for the camera, every keyboard shortcut should be displayed in the tooltip for the corresponding button. We do plan to add a few extra shortcuts which won't have onscreen equivalents for things like zoom presets, camera alignment, camera tracking, etc.

Here's a quick summary and rick or someone elss can fill in anything I forget:

Camera: WASD, QE, RF, Hold-Middle-Click, Alt+Mouse, Hold Left+Right Buttons, Mouse Wheel

Command Buttons: Num Pad 1-9
QuickSelects: 1-9, Ctrl 1-9
Move To Alerts: X, C, V
Close Dialogs, Deselect, Menu: Escape
Help: F1
Skills: K
Companions: G
History Log: H
Objectives: L
Move To Prev Camera Position: Backspace
Select Philip: P
Select Capital: Alt-P

Hope that helps. If you've got ideas for something else that could use a shortcut key let us know.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 2, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Any hotkey for quicksave?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on October 5, 2009 at 5:16 pm

Not yet; sorry. Quick-saves and auto-saves are on my list, though.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 5, 2009 at 6:47 pm

For debugging, think when you implement it you can make it so with a config file somewhere we can set it to autoincrement a number on the end of the quicksave file? Then when we break something, we can go back and figure out why :D

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 7, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Is there any key to focus on the currently selected unit? Sometimes you lose where the unit you were looking for is (such as Phillip...).

Posted on October 8, 2009 at 4:03 am

I have three answers for you >:)

For the currently selected unit, use numpad_1 (notice the button in the bottom-left corner of the unit's button panel; all nine of these buttons map to your numpad).

For Philip in particular, you can always use the 'select Philip' button above the minimap, which maps to the P key.

Finally, if you've assigned units to your quick-select slots, you can double-tap the key for that unit to jump to it.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 8, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Additional hotkey found that wasn't mentioned above:

Ctrl-Backspace: jump to next view point (if you have previously used Backspace to jump to last viewpoint)

Question on this hotkey: Selecting home city is done with Alt and this hotkey and the assign unit hotkeys are done with Ctrl. Since only the select home city seems to use Alt, shouldn't it be done with Ctrl?

Posted on October 8, 2009 at 8:59 pm

I believe that's a throw-back to when Alt used to be the key to rotate and zoom. I've changed this key binding in my local copy, and it'll get pushed forward when I roll the next release.

Edit: Actually, I've got that backward. Ctrl used to be used for zoom/rotate, and now alt is; all the other modifiers are being moved to ctrl.