Skip navigation

Beta testers: Post bug reports here

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Beta testers: Post bug reports here
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 30, 2009 at 3:26 am

If you're part of the beta test, please post any bugs you find in this thread.

Cheers!

Edit: If you're interested in giving us bug reports in a more official capacity, we've got Bugzilla set up here.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on September 30, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Observations and Issues:

1. License Agreement gives 2005 as the copyright date. I know, very minor, but... :)

2. Facing north, if you turn toward the East, the compass shows you turning toward the West. If you turn toward the West, the compass shows you turning toward the East.

3. If for some reason you load the Reg file through the Register button (rather than double clicking to install it), then registration fails, then you cancel out of Registration, the Play button becomes enabled but does not allow Play.

----

Specific system results:
(will email specs for these, where needed)

1. Main System / Parallels Desktop 4: Having a lot of issues with it and the Parallels Video Driver. This is not uncommon for games. Also had an out of video memory error when trying to run at 1679x945 (128MBs are assigned to Parallels). Had to drop the resolution way down to get it to play at all. Will reboot into Windows and try it properly this weekend.

2. Main System / Crossover Office 7 (Wine 0.96): Decided to try it from Wine just for fun. When trying to save registration, error "Your registration information cannot be saved." After adding it to the registry manually, the game still doesn't find the registration data. I'm now compiling Wine 1.1.30 to see if it works there :)

3. Laptop: Eating memory at an incredible rate on the loading screen (the one with the slogans and tips at the bottom). Currently up to Mem 171MBS / Virtual Mem 1582MBs. Growing at about a few MBs per minute. Had to force quit.

4. Old Desktop: Hegemony doesn't like Windows 2000. Oh well :)

----

Impressions:

I found zoom awkward: One mousewheel click out from default level and it starts graying out with the fog effect. Hard to see a local regional strategic view in terrain mode (without going out to the overall world map strategic view). Otherwise, the only system I could get it to run on so far was too slow graphically for me to get into the game. I'll have to wait until I reboot this system into Windows to give you any more impressions. I definitely have the power on this computer for Hegemony, just the Parallels Video Driver is too sluggish not allowing direct hardware access.

Posted on October 1, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Thanks for your input.

Like I said in the email, the game isn't particularly optimized yet, so we're not terribly surprised that it's not running very well on your lesser machines. We'll look into the Windows 2000 thing, because it might be simple for us to fix, although chances are pretty low that anybody still running Win2K will have sufficient specs to run the game.

We've entered the other bugs into our Bugzilla, so we'll get to those eventually.

As far as the zoom, I'm curious if the sensitivity is scroll weird on your machine. Does it feel better when you zoom by holding down the Ctrl key and move the mouse? Also, what do you consider to be the 'default' zoom level?

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 1, 2009 at 5:42 pm

I'll check the zoom question tonight!

As for Wine 1.1.30, seems that it isn't working with DirectX properly, so I can't test. Wonder if Harmless has Crossover Games or Crossover Office 8 - he could test Wine under a more recent version then. (I don't see a reason to pay $40 for something I haven't used in the past year since Codeweavers released Crossover Office 7 for free.) In case you are wondering the difference between Wine and Crossover, Crossover is a Mac optimized Wine with better video support, but you have to pay for it (Wine's site says Crossover's fees help fund Wine development for all platforms - must be how they got around the GPL restrictions on Wine).

Posted on October 1, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Admittedly, getting Hegemony running in an emulator isn't very high on our priorities.

This is off-topic, but CrossOver does provide the source code for their modifications to Wine, which they call CrossOver Wine. The extra utilities they write for easy configuration probably aren't included in that source, but that's perfectly fine with the GPL.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 1, 2009 at 9:35 pm

Ok, I think I understand the zooming issue a bit: When using the mouse wheel, you enter the near point of haze shift to Greece strategic view one mouse click out, but if you are in the fog of war region, the haze + fog of war makes it almost impossible to see. With CTRL+middle drag I can get to a point just before the haze starts and it looks much better.

"Default" zoom
"Haze" issue zoom, one mouse wheel point out from "Default" zoom

Both the above screenshots were taken before ever doing a CTRL-drag zoom. Afterwards, I could not replicate the zooms (I'm guessing they are based on your current zoom?).

Starting tonight's list of observations:

1. Instructions, such as "Right click on the enemy unit to command the Companions to attack," appear behind unit/city sprites, making it rather hard to read the instructions without changing your view if the default angle has the instructions behind a sprite. This screenshot was taken just after it moved out from behind the unit info sprite. (Specifically the "Gear" image was most visible, but the alpha mask behind the words did it too, as did the unit control circle.)

2. I find that structures on the edge of the visible zone appear and vanish from the strategic view based on camera position.

Still testing, might be more tonight!

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 2, 2009 at 12:44 am

Don't worry about testing clipping issues, the code for that is still rather simple and we're aware that a lot of units/structures get prematurely clipped on the edge of the screen particularly if their shadows fall towards the center of the screen. The shadow bug is also very noticeable with forests. There are also more prominent clipping bugs on the strategy map and with the water at high altitudes.

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on October 2, 2009 at 1:05 am

At the very beginning of the game when it tells you to use the scroll-wheel to zoom, my screen spins constantly in a circle and there's no way to stop it.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 2, 2009 at 1:18 am

Got it Rob! I'm just reporting everything I notice!

I actually turned off shadows because I was having graphics speed issues in Parallels...and rebooting to use the 8800GT natively is a pain...having to shut shut every app down. I've got so much running right now Expose gives up on displaying everything when I enter it :D

--

Tossed Rick some info on a crash via email. I have a feeling you won't want to try and get the 1.5GB dump file, but it is available if you need it :)

--

A few comments from my last 3 hours of play:

1. Retreating/routed units are not very smart. They like to run around randomly on the map, often exploring areas you've never been to before, and sometimes never returning to their home city. Idea: after a few minutes of full route mode, move them into a "demoralized until in a city mode" which allows the player to send them to any city (all other movement options disabled). This way if they are running around with no clue where home is, you just toss them in the nearest city to recover. Better AI will help some, but what about islands and such?

2. There needs to be an easier way to change a supply route rather than deleting the route and then building a new one. Perhaps use the control wheel to, when right clicking on a new target city, to offer the option "Delete old route and build new one here."

3. It is hard to split merged units into 2 groups of merged units. It seems you have to split off each unit you want to remerge, then merge them again. Suggest: shift-click to select multiple units to split off. Also need a way to quickly select all units of the same type in a merged unit (for instance a merged unit of spearmen and peltasts - peltasts have ranged weapons you might want to pull out and use separately, but if you charge, you might want to keep them together).

4. I like that you can't retreat always if you are busy with battle. Make is a bit more realistic then most games.

5. I found there were too many events and messages for me to keep track of, and often the existance of an attacking army got missed. The blinking "enemy in sight" light I found rather useless: it was always on because there was an enemy city with troops under my guard the 2nd half of the game (too big for me to attack). Thus when another enemy moved into my territory to burn a farm or siege a city, I often didn't realize it until it was almost too late.

6. I found the overall gameplay good, even with the graphics issues I am having. Now if only I could take out these two pesky cities which keep defeating me!

7. Hard to figure out where you are zooming into when moving from the strategy map to 3d terrain map. I often ended up many map lengths from where I expected to be. Perhaps something on the strategy map indicating the "zoom target"? The issue I found is because of the altitude change of your camera, the target zoom point was much further "south" on the map than expected.

8. When does the Inabox.png file get used ingame? ;)

P.S. - I see you like Digital Blasphemy's wallpapers, Rob :)

Posted on October 2, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Got it Rob! I'm just reporting everything I notice!

Your thoroughness is much appreciated, I just wanted to save you some time on things we know about.

Tossed Rick some info on a crash via email. I have a feeling you won't want to try and get the 1.5GB dump file, but it is available if you need it :)

We mostly use the mini-dumps in house (click 'no' to the full dump question) but you probably don't need to worry about those since Philippe and Clarissa usually have plenty for me.

--

A few comments from my last 3 hours of play:

1. Retreating/routed units are not very smart. They like to run around randomly on the map, often exploring areas you've never been to before, and sometimes never returning to their home city. Idea: after a few minutes of full route mode, move them into a "demoralized until in a city mode" which allows the player to send them to any city (all other movement options disabled). This way if they are running around with no clue where home is, you just toss them in the nearest city to recover. Better AI will help some, but what about islands and such?

The routing AI is high on the list for improvement - it was the first one I wrote and that was a long time ago. We wanted it to turn around if you brought in new troops to cut it off but it's hard to balance that with too much backtracking and limited view distance.

2. There needs to be an easier way to change a supply route rather than deleting the route and then building a new one. Perhaps use the control wheel to, when right clicking on a new target city, to offer the option "Delete old route and build new one here."

Definitely possible, we weren't sure how often the player would be doing that.

3. It is hard to split merged units into 2 groups of merged units. It seems you have to split off each unit you want to remerge, then merge them again. Suggest: shift-click to select multiple units to split off. Also need a way to quickly select all units of the same type in a merged unit (for instance a merged unit of spearmen and peltasts - peltasts have ranged weapons you might want to pull out and use separately, but if you charge, you might want to keep them together).

It's double-click to select an individual in a group and then shift-double-click to select a second unit in that group. You can then drag those two off into a new group and leave whoever is left in the original group. Admittedly we don't teach the double-click thing yet but we'll add that. You can also click the portraits at the bottom to select inside a group but while writing this I've noticed there are a few bugs there as well right now.

4. I like that you can't retreat always if you are busy with battle. Make is a bit more realistic then most games.

5. I found there were too many events and messages for me to keep track of, and often the existance of an attacking army got missed. The blinking "enemy in sight" light I found rather useless: it was always on because there was an enemy city with troops under my guard the 2nd half of the game (too big for me to attack). Thus when another enemy moved into my territory to burn a farm or siege a city, I often didn't realize it until it was almost too late.

Keeping the player aware of everything but not overwhelmed has been a big concern with us for awhile. The flashing lights should reset if you mouse over them or hit the shortcut key to jump to the event. I could add a timeout to reset them but the original idea was to keep them flashing until the player did something to acknowledge the event.

6. I found the overall gameplay good, even with the graphics issues I am having. Now if only I could take out these two pesky cities which keep defeating me!

7. Hard to figure out where you are zooming into when moving from the strategy map to 3d terrain map. I often ended up many map lengths from where I expected to be. Perhaps something on the strategy map indicating the "zoom target"? The issue I found is because of the altitude change of your camera, the target zoom point was much further "south" on the map than expected.

I'm not sure if what you're referring to is the fact the camera zooms into where your cursor is rather then into the center of the screen. Although it does add some extra control we could make that configurable if too many players didn't like it.

P.S. - I see you like Digital Blasphemy's wallpapers, Rob :)

Good eye, I've been a member there for a long time. When I'm staring at the same wallpaper image for weeks/months I appreciate the level of detail in many of his pieces. He's also one of the few places where I can find double widescreen images.

Posted on October 2, 2009 at 2:29 pm

"Default" zoom
"Haze" issue zoom, one mouse wheel point out from "Default" zoom

It certainly looks like a sensitivity issue. Does this still happen when you're running Windows unemulated?

At the very beginning of the game when it tells you to use the scroll-wheel to zoom, my screen spins constantly in a circle and there's no way to stop it.
Hey Grimes, do you have a gamepad or joystick on your computer? Does this still happen when you unplug it?

It's for a scripting test. Open the console with the ~ key, and type:
addwindow testanim GameScene
Actually, that's supposed to play a sound too. I'll have to fix that.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 2, 2009 at 5:05 pm

"7. Hard to figure out where you are zooming into when moving from the strategy map to 3d terrain map. I often ended up many map lengths from where I expected to be. Perhaps something on the strategy map indicating the "zoom target"? The issue I found is because of the altitude change of your camera, the target zoom point was much further "south" on the map than expected."

I'm not sure if what you're referring to is the fact the camera zooms into where your cursor is rather then into the center of the screen. Although it does add some extra control we could make that configurable if too many players didn't like it.

Ok, I don't think I realized that zoom was mouse position dependent.

Good eye, I've been a member there for a long time. When I'm staring at the same wallpaper image for weeks/months I appreciate the level of detail in many of his pieces. He's also one of the few places where I can find double widescreen images.

I know the feeling. I'm running a quad screen and have to use his 4800px wide triplescreen recut for my monitors. Only place I can find what I need too!

Hmm, testing forums:

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 2, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Ok, going to post here a few things I am not sure if they are known bugs or not:

1. "Jitter" unit bug. In strategic display, I have a case where the unit jitters between two very close positions. The base counter stack is not jittering, just the unit standing on it. Update (10/3): Cannot reproduce it... Only happened that one time.

2. Ghost units bug. Sometimes when units move, they appear on the strategy map in both the original and new position, but only exist on the 3d map in the new position. Update (10/3): I also found that when units are grouped, they sometimes show on the strategy map in both the group icon and their actual position. This usually happens during construction/demolition or siege/capture where the units are arrayed around a structure rather than in their normal marching formation. Update 2 (10/3): From what I can see, target and current position are shown on the map. However, this is not what I observed for this bug. It appears that the current and <u>old</u> positions were showing. Trying to find some consistency, but not so far. It seems to affect random units at random times.

3. Enemy triremes can't be attacked by land, but units seem to think they can. Even when the ships have just unloaded and are still at the shoreline. I'm thinking either land units shouldn't be able to attack-click on sea units, or there should be some way they can attack "beached" enemy ships. (I have 2 triremes that dropped troops off that are now maintaining the nice red light V key action for enemies sighted, but I can't destroy the ships.)

4. Per the enemies in range - looked a bit more into it now that you told me how it worked. It does go from blink to solid red when you click on it, but 5 minutes or so later it starts blinking again for the same enemy units that have never left visibility. Update (10/3): Appears it starts blinking when another enemy unit moves into view. Even after that unit leaves view or is defeated, it stays blinking until you reactivate the light to view the troops you have already acknowledged seeing. Perhaps track units that you have already acknowledged until they leave the Fog of War?

--

For other beta testers: Don't try and sell slaves. Insta-crash! :)

--

FYI: Bumping up my video memory from 128MB to 192MB solved almost all my graphical issues in Parallels. Looks like the game simply needs more than 128MBs to be graphically stable.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 3, 2009 at 11:23 am

Today's testing has commenced:

@ 1. After capturing Methone, you have access to Agathon. The text, as usual, says "Press F1 for more infomation" - pressing F1 brings up unrelated information on Migrants.

2. Skill point upgrades: 2-digit "Cost to Upgrade" skill points line wraps, such as "Cost to Upgrade: 10 Skill Points [Upgrade]" bumps "[Upgrade]" to the next line.

@ 3. Skill point upgrades: Logistics says "Upgrade Cost" while the other three say "Cost to Upgrade"

4. Enhancement: Ability to merge slave units up to 40 slaves each. It's annoying having 5 2-10 slave units having to be managed together as a group.

5. Enhancement: Land trade routes show the road. Sea trade routes show nothing (while in 3d-view) other than the ship sailing back and forth. Perhaps a light blue dashed line, sort of like the strategic map dashed line, but faded into the water color.

6. Game manual: When scrolling down on a game manual info page, the top margin moves up, resulting in text behind the temple ("Home") icon.

7. Game manual: Clicking on the content area (non-link) of the Game Manual alternately deactivates (dark gray) and reactivates (light gray) the titlebar. This bug also affects the Objective window.

8. Tooltips: (at 1024x768) Hover over a quickselect slot. The tool tip shows"CTRL-mouseimage" or "CTRL-{number}" however, the CTRL image is shrunk horizontally making it unreadable (looks like Q1 not Ctrl). Not sure if this is an issue with the rendering or an issue with the specific resolution I am running at. Same thing with hovering over the Pause key - Space is shrunk. Looking at the keys.tga file, looks like any key wider than default is shrunk to the default width?

9. Tooltips: Hover oer a quickselect slot. There is no space between the X2 and the "or" text.

10. Cursor: I am getting a horizontal gray bar at the bottom left of the cursor image, about 2 pixels below and 5 or so pixels to the left of the bottom left of the cursor. I will check to see if it happens in the future, but I found the GUIIcons1.tga and I'm not seeing anything in the sprite that should cause it. It is only noticeable in Strategy map (because the varied terrain helps hide it in the 3d map). It is almost like the clipping distance is 1px too low and is running into the top of another sprite, but the cursor sprites don't appear to have a sprite below them that is shaped right to cause what I am seeing. See this image.

11. You can scroll way off the map strategy map and the only way back is to double click the minimap. Probably should be boundaries set to keep you from going past the edge?

12. When you scroll off the strategy map, the gold "I am here" arrow on the minimap escapes the edge of the minimap, and floats across the rest of the game map.

@ 13. When you reach maximum zoom in, the zoom "bounces" a bit while you hold down the zoom key.

14. Fire sprites appear through unexplored fog of war zone.

@ 15. Dropped food piles read "5/%FOODTAR" rather than "5/20" or such.

@ 16. Cities do not always try and defend themselves using the troops in the city. This is especially important for cities without walls, where a quick capture turns all the attendant soldiers into slaves. For example, the capture of Herklea Lyncestsis had the King Bardylis as the attendant general on one of the troops. By capturing the city, the King surrendered ending the Revenge for Perdiccas objective. Of the troops in the city, only one left to fight. The remaining 6 armies did not defend...meaning a slave capture of 244 units (6 40-person armies + 4 generals), plus the remnants of the one army that did fight (around 4 or 5 units).

Evening Update: I was able to reproduce this exact same situation with Herklea Lyncestsis a 2nd time from a much earlier game state (thanks to the save game Zog7 being corrupted - see bug 45 - and Zog6 was 2 cities back in capturing time). How did I do it? First time I used 4 tribalcavalrybrigades and the command company, surrounding the city with the 4 while the command company took on anyone who was nearby. The second time I had 1 less tribalcavalrybrigade available, so I added in a Light Calvary unit to assist, hitting the city with all 5 units and capturing it in about 15-20 seconds (much faster). However, the 2nd time more of the enemy attacked me, though I still made the capture of most of the armies still inside the city.

@ 17. Some resolutions cause the screen to always scroll toward the top-left. See bug 54.

18. Super wide screen resolutions place the game display tip text under the Hegemony logo: image

19. If you really quickly double-click (or double enter) on the save game dialog when using a brand new file name, the "Overwrite File" window pops up briefly, before vanishing without any user interaction. Game saves fine though.

--

That is all for today/tonight! Time to sleep!

P.S. - items marked with a @ I have already added to Bugzilla. Items not marked with an @ are items that either might be unfinished (and thus not bugs), items that may not be bugs, minor cosmetic issues that are probably unfinished, or enhancements. I am also only reporting items to Bugzilla that I can find some consistant way to reproduce right now.

Rick: Let me know if you want me reporting any of the rest of this to Bugzilla.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:19 pm

Sunday testing begun.

@ 1. Crash - Bug 55

2. Comment: On game load, I find that loading screen compass is a non-obvious way to show the game is loading. Sometimes it stalls, and you often don't notice the compass point moving. A couple ideas: "Loading..." below it; faster compass point movement; move distinct compass point color (perhaps a 3d gold point instead of white?); perhaps allow the compass point not to be limited to just the 8 defined positions but allow it to smoothly rotate so that it constantly shows movement?

3. Comment: On game load, I find the last "Tip" often vanishes before you have a chance to read it. Perhaps require a minimum delay from beginning of display to finish loading?

4. Enhancement: You can shift-click a path to essentially do a "via" route. It would be nice to support this for construct/capture/siege/destroy/etc. commands also, so that I can assign a force to capture a target, then fall back to a defensive point without having to check on them again.

@ 5. Water surface rendering - does not render at top of screen.

@ 6. XML is visible in the History log.

@ 7. History log has an unused horizontal scroll button a the bottom left.

@ 8. History log continues past the bottom of the log. If you scroll all the way down, the text continues on even though the scroll bar is at the bottom.

9. Had a weird event where after opening the History Log camera controls W and E stopped working, but Q, A, S, and D still worked. After opening and closing History Log a few more times and the keys started working again. I have been unable to reproduce this.

10. Villa at Kyrros (near Pella) is on the edge of a Healing Shrine resulting in the healing state to blink. The states (healing shrine, etc) icons center above the city. If you have another activity, such as a trade route, being built there, every "off" point of the blink centers just the trade route state and every "on" blink centers both, resulting in the trade route status bouncing back and forth.

Note: This appears to be a bug determining whether the healing shrine affects the Villa. Depending on the zoom level, it is always on, always off, or blinking.

@ 11. Units occasionally do not appear in garrison list - see Bug 58

@ 12. Unrest icon says "Skill Points" - example

@ 13. Sheep icon capacity tooltip is blank

@ 14. Construction status bar on map window is 1% less than status bar on object details window

15. Watchtowers blockade supply lines, right? So why do castles with troops in them not blockade supply lines? Not sure this is a bug, but it seems an inconsistency.

16. There is inconsistent positioning of text in the Events section relative to the shaded box. In this example, the text on the Objective Complete line is 9px up from the bottom of the box, while the text on the other two events is 8px up from the bottom of the box.

@ 17. XML is visible and text cut off in the Companions dialog when accessing while not clicked on a villa.

@ 18. Crash when merging general and brigade in same formation - bug 63

@ 19. Crash when attaching a general to a general and getting them both killed, then clicking "Select General" from the Villa - bug 64. Ok, only I would probably test something this insane, but I was bored and had just finished making sure bug 63 didn't affect other general join combinations, and decided to kamikaze the generals I merged :D

@ 20. The demolishing walls text line wraps improperly - bug 65

@ 21. Scripted troop attacks from Borboros do not attempt to capture Pella

@ 22. Game allows movement to any unexplored portion - potentially allowing access to regions and objectives prematurely

I also tested the fall of Pella while Philip was garrisoned inside. Phillip reset to his home city the same way a general resets.

And...I think I'm done for today.

Enjoy!

--

Decided to test from the start today - seeing if I see any new bugs now that I have actually played through to where I am crashing (bug 55). Also doing some non-gameplay tests (dialogs, etc.) today :)

Wish there was a way I could separate out crash-type "core" bugs from graphical "core" bugs in Bugzilla.

(@ = added to Bugzilla)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 4, 2009 at 12:55 pm

Keeping the player aware of everything but not overwhelmed has been a big concern with us for awhile. The flashing lights should reset if you mouse over them or hit the shortcut key to jump to the event. I could add a timeout to reset them but the original idea was to keep them flashing until the player did something to acknowledge the event.

With more play I think I know the issue. The first round of play came up with lots of ? tips which overwhelmed me to the point I didn't know what was important and what wasn't. Future games did not. I am guessing the ? tips are part of the prelude / training scenario. Since I never clicked them, they never vanished, thus leaving them on the screen. Idea: Perhaps flush out all ? tips once the prelude finishes or give them an expire time (a few minutes?)?

Posted on October 5, 2009 at 3:02 pm

With more play I think I know the issue. The first round of play came up with lots of ? tips which overwhelmed me to the point I didn't know what was important and what wasn't. Future games did not. I am guessing the ? tips are part of the prelude / training scenario. Since I never clicked them, they never vanished, thus leaving them on the screen. Idea: Perhaps flush out all ? tips once the prelude finishes or give them an expire time (a few minutes?)?

I didn't put a timer pn the tip messages because I didn't want slower players (those who probably need them more) to miss them. However, putting a fairly long timer (~5 min) might be sufficient and keep the side from getting cluttered. There are also a lot of short quests during the tutorial phase whose completion events might be adding to the clutter. Out of curiosity, were you aware you can clear the messages without opening them by right-clicking on them, or that you can right-click the history button to clear all the news?

Posted on October 5, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Wish there was a way I could separate out crash-type "core" bugs from graphical "core" bugs in Bugzilla.

At the bottom of the 'new bug' form is a severity drop down box. Crash bugs should be given a 'critical' or 'major' severity.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on October 5, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Right; I tend not to choose critical for bugzillas just...because...I tend not to :) Probably because I tend to think of Critical as something that blocks the application from working at all.

Expect less testing during the week from me.

@ 1. A pair of bugs regarding unit selection state after giving orders while selecting multiple non-grouped units. Bugs 72 and 73. Suspect they are almost the same bug, but they are slightly different in expected end result.

2. Noticed that when trying to run too high settings for your video card, the game crashes with a sprite error. For instance, when I push all my settings to High with 192MBs video memory, the game crashes with a sprite error mentioning being out of memory. I'm not officially reporting this issue yet since I suspect it is partially part of the engine not yet being optimized. If it's still happening in later betas, I'll report it then.

@ 3. Flickering state of "Under Attack" button

@ 4. Unable to establish a specific supply line

@ 5. Noticed a scripting bug where a specific attack event fails to properly complete under specific circumstances, thus causing future attack events to not fire off.

@ 6. Quest bug - "0 gold" reward ; appeared before it should have

@ 7. Crash - bug 78

P.S. - How soon can we start driving tanks Treadmarks-style around to shoot sheep with? :D

Grabbing new build - can't test it until tomorrow!

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on December 4, 2009 at 11:23 am

CRASH...

GK2UnicodeException

Invalid bit pattern 10xxxxxx at start of UTF8 char.

The above error occurred while playing...
I had a group of units capturing another group. Then before they were done I wanted to see if I could get the order compass up to capture the next group after the first group finished capturing... then it hung the game in a sound/music loop... and windows cursor appeared in game...(round loading cursor). It could be something else... but I thought I'd detail this action.

Daxon, BattleGoat Studios

Pages 1 2