Skip navigation

TreadMix ?Bootleg TM?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > TreadMix ?Bootleg TM?
Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 16, 2009 at 8:41 pm

Just asking.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on July 18, 2009 at 5:00 pm

Yep, looks like a complete copy of the egames TM release.

It is listed under TM mods, assuming you're looking at the same site I am, but one of the mod packs is a full install of the game, with a custom TreadMix installer.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 18, 2009 at 5:06 pm

PM'd Rick.

Posted on July 18, 2009 at 8:08 pm

Yeah, some kid logged on to play and said he was using TreadMix; apparently they have their own server as well but it isn't listed through the standard channel.
That sucks,

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 19, 2009 at 12:21 pm

hmm... and it's vista compatible.

Posted on July 20, 2009 at 12:07 am

I figured out how to get TM to run on Vista; it just requires and Administrator account and you need to create your addons folder on an external drive then move/copy into the TM application root.

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 21, 2009 at 12:46 am

when my other, other brother bought a new laptop that came with vista home premium 64bit, he asked me how should he install treadmarks on it.

i just told him to copy his TM programs folder from his old xp computer, put it any where he likes, make a short cut to the treadmarks exe file, and he should be good to go.

and it worked just fine. and i should add, my dear dear other other brother still prefers TM v1.0.1, not v1.6. got to love family :) i'm not sure if his user account is an administrator account, i don't see why it would have to be.

anyway, maybe LDA could claim vista compatibility for treadmarks by just distributing a zipped file of a TM install, with the above instructions.

toodles,
harmless

Posted on July 21, 2009 at 1:57 am

Actually, I thought that they had a new distributable you could obtain; it's just the addons that get weird with TM on Vista as the Vista creates something like forks so each unzip addon essentiallly is duplicated.

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Posted on July 21, 2009 at 2:26 am

hmmm, could be. all i do know is that my other other bro is a purist....
so he does not have any addons when he plays TM.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on July 21, 2009 at 10:21 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the bootleg.

RE: Vista compatibility, the newest version of TM should work perfectly fine with Vista. If you put your mods in the AddOns folder it should work, but Vista might get in the way. Because of that, TM now supports two more folder locations. See here.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 27, 2010 at 6:27 pm

Hey, guys. I know I'm a little late but I figured it'd be good for me to post anywho.

1. Treadmix 4.0 was indeed a full version of the game and although I did purchase it, it was made available to those who did not purchase the game. Upon realizing this the download link was removed for the first download.

2. Treadmix was not ever intended as a full on mod, at the time I made it I really had no idea what was doing, and the mod was more of me experimenting with the games resource files(thus the complete lack of balance). It was released due to requests made by users of the game, after joining while I was testing.

3. I'm sorry for any trouble I have caused. It's kinda funny looking at you guys post, as you thought I was some sort of dastardly media pirate after all of you guys mods.

4. If you guys want I can go back and fix it up and post it again(in legal form of course). But given you guys reactions, I'd say you guys pretty much wish I never touched FP again.

~Fur Dozy (formerly known in-game as Smasher

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on December 30, 2010 at 4:51 am

Thanks for coming forward. I'm not sure if FilePlanet forwarded my response to you, but during the first takedown notice I left a message to the effect of "Please encourage the uploader to post again without distributing our files." You're still free to do that :)