Skip navigation

New Site, New Forums!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > New Site, New Forums!
Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 5, 2005 at 8:24 pm

You may have noticed the new site here. We're still experiencing some growing pains, but hopefully nothing is too broken (if it is, feel free to email me!)

Part of the new site is our brand new forums. You can still get to the old forums here (the link is also in the tiny text at the bottom of the new forums pages), but we'll be locking it eventually.

Anyway, I need to get the rest of the site working before people start yelling and screaming.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on July 5, 2005 at 10:21 pm

I don't know whether to :lol: or :cry: . G'bye ol friend, hello new compadre. Thanks for doing all this. Tis been needing a proper polish for a while.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 5, 2005 at 10:24 pm

Bye UBB... Hello new shiny phpBB! :D :( :?: :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2005 at 2:48 am

Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering, will the LDA Store get a facelift? It seems odd that it didn't change... Also, for the forum themes, is it possible to have a Hegemony theme? That would look cool.. (something along the lines of the Hegemony pages format... (columns and color change). There's another 2 cents... :wink:

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 6, 2005 at 8:54 am

You must be rich man :)

Oh Rick, I think I'll be screaming now! Loud indeed :P

Posted on July 6, 2005 at 11:11 am

The store is getting a total rewrite; that's my next project.

As far as a Hegemony theme, it's certainly possible, it's just a matter of deciding if we want to dedicate the time to do it.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2005 at 12:07 pm

Don't mind me, I'll just go yelling and screaming that none of the servers are working (RB (LDA Server down), RBT (Ditto), TM (Master Server down), Website (Images don't load; stops downloading halfway), Forum (Same Here). :wink:
*Note, there doesn't seem to be a link to download the LDA Games Launcher in the Download Centre...

Posted on July 6, 2005 at 1:35 pm

Yeah, the web stuff and the game servers are currently running on the same box, and we turned some things off for testing. The game servers should be back up in a couple of moments, but it'll still be a while before the site is nice and speedy again (later today).

There is a link to the launcher... but you need to wait for the image to load -_-

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2005 at 2:20 pm

There is a link to the launcher... but you need to wait for the image to load -_-

I suggest you stick a link to it on the main page -- always available.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2005 at 2:28 pm

Guess waiting is supposed to be the best part??--LOL
I gather I'm not the only one waiting for stuff to load--ok then...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 7, 2005 at 9:52 am

Waiting no more.

Posted on July 7, 2005 at 11:57 am

Yep; we've set up a new server (Rob and I were in the office until quarter past midnight last night) and everything is running smoothly.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 7, 2005 at 12:40 pm

The reward of working overtime :D

Good job!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 7, 2005 at 7:58 pm

Yay! :D

*Rick, I wanted to point out that the LauncherInstall.exe file is out of date. The latest version is 1.5, but the file has a version number 1.4. Just wanted to let you know. :)

*Also IMHO, the Archived Forums link at the bottom should be http://38.112.120.110/ubb-cgi/Ultimate.cgi instead of http://www.ldagames.com/ubb-cgi/Ultimate.cgi as the IP one gets you to the forum and the LDA one just brings up a script. :wink:

Posted on July 8, 2005 at 3:49 am

Thanks; I'll upload the proper launcher when I get to the office.

As far as the archives go, the link there should work. Try reloading to make sure you don't have a cached version from when it was broken.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 8, 2005 at 4:25 am

Oh, thanks... :)

Posted on July 8, 2005 at 2:36 pm

The new launcher should be up.

(Actually, there wasn't a 1.5 installer until now; it was just an auto-update.)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 10, 2005 at 6:32 pm

Talking of game installers; I noticed the DX-Ball 2 installer declares it to be v1.3

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on July 11, 2005 at 10:20 am

Thanks for the info. DX-Ball 2 is listed in the download centre as being 1.3 which is the current release. However, the link was downloading the old version 1.2. This has been corrected now.

The only difference in 1.3 is the splash screen at the end for Rival Ball and Tournament.

rob

PS: We kept the file name as dxb2game125.exe to minimize broken links