Skip navigation

demos map going completely black

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > demos map going completely black
Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 26, 2009 at 9:14 pm

for some reason on multiplayer on demo the map is going completely black. At the last moment of loading the screen says map failed to load.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 26, 2009 at 9:18 pm

You need the full version to play online. You don't have the maps in the demo.

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on May 26, 2009 at 9:40 pm

the land or whatever

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 27, 2009 at 1:33 pm

You can only play online if there is a demo server up. If there is, it will probably say Demo in the server name.

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on May 27, 2009 at 5:35 pm

no it said all the server names

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on May 27, 2009 at 5:59 pm

You cannot successfully join a non-demo online game from the demo client - you don't have the maps. You need the full version to play.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Posted on May 27, 2009 at 7:37 pm

for some reason on multiplayer on demo the map is going completely black. At the last moment of loading the screen says map failed to load.
You need the full version to play online. You don't have the maps in the demo.
You can only play online if there is a demo server up. If there is, it will probably say Demo in the server name.
no it said all the server names

All The Servers For Tread Marks Sync with The Players Tanks Maps Weapons And Other Stuff.

You Only Have One Battle Map (Not Counting Training Maps) And Two Tanks So There Is No Way You Can Connect To The Full Version Servers Because Both Player And Server Must Have The Same Tanks And Same Maps To Sync.

By Syncing The Maps Your Entities Will Be Adjusted To The Servers Which Prevents Cheating And Also Entities Are Files That TM Uses For Loading Graphics And Meshes. entities are also Stats files for tanks weapons e.t.c that TM loads.
------------------------------------------------------------

Later I Will Host A Demo Server When I Set The Settings To Allow Tread Marks To Be Able To Host A Server With My New (High Speed Internet)

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on May 27, 2009 at 7:39 pm

well then tell me why i got the master servers and i still had demo version

Posted on May 27, 2009 at 7:41 pm

well then tell me why i got the master servers and i still had demo version

All The Servers Load Of The Master Server The Demo Version Reads Any Server In The Master Server List And The Full Version Does Also.

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on May 27, 2009 at 7:43 pm

then how did i get in there

Posted on May 27, 2009 at 7:54 pm

then how did i get in there

You Can Connect To The Full Version Servers Because There Is No Difference To How The Full Versions And Demo Versions Load.

The Only Difference Is What Entities Each Server Has.

Example Server: LDA Has 14 Tanks And More Than 25 Maps
You Connect With 2 Tanks And 1 Map You Attempt To Load That Server And That Server Doesn't Recognize If You Have A Demo Version. So You Connect Everything Is Black Because You Don't Have The Maps Or Tanks The Server Hosts So Anything You Don't Have Doesn't Load So If You Don't Have Anything They are Hosting On The Server That Is Loaded It Will Just Be Blank.

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on May 27, 2009 at 8:54 pm

ok now i get it