Skip navigation

Memorial Day 2009

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Memorial Day 2009
Level 13 Human
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 25, 2009 at 9:47 am

Thank you to all of the veterans throughout the world for all you've done, and all you continue to do in the fight for freedom and democracy.

We've got a few among our ranks here. Sailor is one of them I know. Thank you, Sailor!

Who else among us? Sound off, vets! You deserve to be recognized.

I encountered a few US Army soldiers in an airport recently, and randomly walked up to a few and shook their hands and thanked them.

The smiles on their faces spoke volumes.

To our fallen soldiers, you are not forgotten.

(Joe De Luca, you didn't ask to be on the front line of the war on terrorism on 9/11, but you gave your all in the name of freedom. You're not forgotten, my friend.)

Level 15 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 25, 2009 at 6:58 pm

Viper is one of these heroes. I am proud to know you Viper!

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on May 25, 2009 at 11:52 pm

I'm no soldier (too young at the moment!) But anyone who has ever worn a uniform for the defense of these United States is a hero.

Thank you for serving, we owe you a debt that we can never repay. A debt in blood. No matter what small minded morons say, you are doing an amazing thing. God Bless you

Level 13 Human
Posted on May 26, 2009 at 12:13 pm

Thank you, Viper!

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on May 26, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Smokin' Lou who got me into TM just got back from Friday. I'm glad he's in one piece though they lost four this tour.
Thanks Louie in more ways than one!
Thanks to Viper and several others on this board!

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 27, 2009 at 4:50 pm

I was in the Texas Air National Guard for 8 years. I was a C-130 Avionics Guidance and Control Systems technician.

Here's a couple of links for the interested:

http://www.pbase.com/keith1959/136th_airlift_wing_texas_air_nat_guard

http://www.136aw.ang.af.mil/photos/index.asp?galleryID=5878

No thanks necessary.

Level 13 Human
Posted on May 29, 2009 at 10:24 pm

Thank you for your years of service anyway!

Level 13 Human Retired
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on June 27, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Sorry I have been off grid for a while, but thanks for the kind thought Synack. Yes I put in two hitches in the Navy and finished up 20 years in the reserves and now get a small retirement check from Uncle Sam each month which always helps, but the real point of all this is that each of us who served cares deeply about this country and what it stands for so do not forget and do not let anyone externally or even internally take the freedom this country stands for away from every citizen...