Skip navigation

What is your highest score on Harmless site?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > What is your highest score on Harmless site?
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on May 13, 2010 at 8:41 pm

No problem :) but be aware I'm running (and tweaking) Armageddon Version 3 on my server.

If you guys play on it, let me know how the bandwidth is. I have symmetrical 25mbps now. (Before I have 30mbps down 10mbps up). I wonder if it improves things.

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 14, 2010 at 1:52 am

i was on your v3 briefly, but the tanks were at normal speed ...
it felt like i was a sitting duck and unable to do much of anything.
one of the best aspects about the version i'm hosting is the insane speed
of the my tank and the ability to dodge nukes / missiles / and just about everything.

anyway...
i'm jealous of your connection speeds, if only i had half of what you have :)

Posted on May 15, 2010 at 8:51 am

The only changes to the tanks was an increase in friction and gravity to fix the ice skating and the inability for a tank to right itself when they're upside down. Of course the weapons have been sped up a bit, with other tweaks. }B>

I went through all the files again and found that I did miss some of the tanks. Give it another shot. :D

BTW, some of the weapons are now extra-crispy. }B>

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on May 16, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Ntus!

Posted on May 17, 2010 at 1:31 am

I was just playing it. Its now 18 vs 1 LOL

I scored 535 kills in caldera....... }B>

I think I'll call it "Armageddon III - Rampage Edition" BWAHAHAAHHAHAAHAHH!!!!

I just upped the AIs to 20. Rnjoy

Posted on May 20, 2010 at 2:13 am

i'll bet one of the tanks you made a correction on was dreadnought :)

question about v3...
i have always played TM and the little weapons locator / tank map in the HUD shows up compact in the lower left hand corner, and is easy to see.
playing on your v3 server, the map shows up rather transparent, large, and smack dab in the middle of the HUD... maybe i'm just not used to that, i could barely see the white dots and red dots.
i was totally lost on the 2 maps i just played, and it was hard for me to tell where any of the tanks were that i needed to fire at. is this a setting that you changed on your server files?
maybe i'm just an old guy, set in my ways, that doesn't like change ...

also, just so i now that i'm doing the scoring correctly... it's 255 frags then it resets to zero on 256, and starts over again... right? so if one rolls the score over twice and adds 36 more frags, then that adds up to 548?? (gravitor) it was still very disconcerting not being able to read the HUD map, so i just stayed in some deep dark nuke holes where the red and white dots showed up well, and used shadow a lot, since it now lives up to its moniker... you have become death now :)

toodles,
harmless
aka bitter old guy

Posted on May 23, 2010 at 1:29 am

ok killer, played many games in a row on your v3 server...
to try to acclimate myself to that rather transparent, large tank/weapon map, smack dab in the middle of the HUD... and i just don't know how to deal with it...
i do fine, frag wise, but i am totally lost in finding my way around the maps, and seeing which direction the ai tanks are coming from...
it just baffles me... lol... argh...
toodles,
harmless
still bitter and still old

Pages 1 2