Skip navigation

Treadmarks Framerate Limit / VSync?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Treadmarks Framerate Limit / VSync?
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 21, 2009 at 11:39 pm

Yes, Blast from the past!

Well, issue I never expected...Treadmarks is running way to fast. over 1000FPS in the menu (Which makes the menu fire quite pretty...as it zips around the screen rediculously fast)

And in game at 200 fps, every thing is double timed...which well...it actually somewhat annoying.

I'm guessing that it's tied to my framerate somehow? And that online it wouldn't be an issue. But offline it is somewhat annoying.

So is there a vsync command anywhere that I just missed? Or can I add one? Or any other way to limit the game speed?

Thanks guys! (And yes, I still need to do the HQ2 pack)

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 22, 2009 at 8:26 pm

i wonder why your fps is so high also you may have to post this in the LDA support section instead.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 22, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Actually, I suppose system specs may be a useful bit of information:
Win XP Pro 32bit
ATI HD4850 1GB
AMD Athlon 64 x2 2500

rest shouldn't make a difference.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 23, 2009 at 7:35 pm

it could be your video card as it has a 1gb of memory. also it could be that your video card is very powerful and it speeds your games up. you should try setting your graphics to more quality and less performance there could be some other settings in your drivers that you could set for treadmarks to decrease that speed.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 23, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Found it, the catalyst drivers decided to rename it Wait for vertical sync , which threw me. :D

Happy fraggin!