Skip navigation

Sunday 4/26 Clan War 8 EST/5 PST/11? 12? GMT

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Sunday 4/26 Clan War 8 EST/5 PST/11? 12? GMT
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 20, 2009 at 10:32 pm

sunday the 26th, 8pm EST, 5pm PST, 11pm?/12am? GMT (seriously, what time are you guys across the pond playing at now?)

Map theme: I have an idea, unless someone can suggest a better one...

Team Colors:
Black = BWL (Black Widow Lance)
Blue = DNX (Dianetix Dominion)
Gold = DOG (Death or Glory Boys)
Green = LWA (Lonewolf Alliance)
Red = ZE / TC (Ze and Temporal Chaos)
White = GA (Gold Ants)
Orange = CAT (Cat Clan)
Silver = MOD (Team Modulus)

File you need: http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/Tm-20-teams-pack.zip

File you probably want:
http://www.hallsted.org/org-downloads/clan_team_flags.zip

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 20, 2009 at 11:33 pm

Anything other than last time :)

And not worse either :)

Level 15 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 21, 2009 at 12:37 am

OK, now I am concerned. I have just looked at the last maps. Any hint on the maps to be used?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 21, 2009 at 7:09 pm

heh, they're actually mostly commonly used maps. One used very often, one shows up a couple of times a year, and the third was rare until recently.

Actually, i'm not sure on the third. I'd like something that more closely matches the other two, but it does fit the theme.

As for the theme, i've mentioned it before. I could mention an alternate for the third map, but everyone would kill me if I actually picked it. So few spawns on that map...

Level 13 Human Cosmic Destroyer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on April 21, 2009 at 7:28 pm

what's the point of clans? no ones posts anything here other than topics like these, and the only clan that I've ever heard of is modulus. (which I thought was dead) How do you join a clan? I would like to play a TM game with another human once in awhile.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on April 21, 2009 at 9:28 pm

That is a fair question, what is the point of clans?

I dont know. I am willing to disband them to just have team play.

I am more interesting in fair competition then obliterating the competition.

any more thoughts on that.

Level 13 Human Cosmic Destroyer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on April 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm

that's not what I meant, I just want to know how to join them. Plus, do clans do anything outside TM anymore?

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on April 25, 2009 at 1:40 am

OK, well, GA does not do anything outside of TM. I am not sure of the other Clans.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on April 25, 2009 at 1:44 am

Back to the clan battle...I dont see the clan server up. Can someone confirm this?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 25, 2009 at 12:28 pm

because I haven't started it yet

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on April 26, 2009 at 9:16 pm

After playing, i've decided that the map theme was Fire and Ice

because that was on purpose.... yeah, I meant to do that....

:lol:

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Posted on April 26, 2009 at 9:27 pm

pics are up

april 26th 2009 clan war

toodles,
harmless
:)

who seems to be the new designated last frag :)

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on April 28, 2009 at 2:28 am

My thoughts on the clans:
We're a tight knit group of die hard TM fans that are holding out for TM 2.0. While many of us play other games, something about TM always brings us back. I for one will host a server as long as the money, my wits and a master server are around.
While the actual number of clans has dwindled especially with the dissolution of DNX; >CAT< is currently the largest consistently attending clan although GA has fielded a full six in the last seven months. Once.
Modulus was certain a noisy clan when it started but never fielded more than two and mostly added comic relief to the bouts and admiration that he continued to show up alone.
My observation is east coasters tend to play from about 7-9PM, which blends with central who tend to play from around 6-9 and then west coasters who usually play from about 5:30 up until as late as eleven from time to time.
As far as joining a clan is concerned, while we hope that fresh faces will join the servers and play, most of them don't last. And to get recruited, you have to play enough to get noticed. And Death, I play on average four days a week averaging around two hours; I've never seen you play but, maybe you're an east coaster and play between five and eight your time while I'm still working.
TM is a deceptively simple game to play and frustratingly hard to be good at. I played for hours and hours getting stomped by humans and ai for years. It was the hours I put in that got me noticed. And to be honest, at first I turned them down. For years.
Of course, I wouldn't trade the CATs I've grown up with over the last several years for gold backed currency but I'd think about it.

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Posted on April 29, 2009 at 5:24 pm

My thoughts on the clans:
We're a tight knit group of die hard TM fans that are holding out for TM 2.0. While many of us play other games, something about TM always brings us back. I for one will host a server as long as the money, my wits and a master server are around.
While the actual number of clans has dwindled especially with the dissolution of DNX; >CAT< is currently the largest consistently attending clan although GA has fielded a full six in the last seven months. Once.
Modulus was certain a noisy clan when it started but never fielded more than two and mostly added comic relief to the bouts and admiration that he continued to show up alone.
My observation is east coasters tend to play from about 7-9PM, which blends with central who tend to play from around 6-9 and then west coasters who usually play from about 5:30 up until as late as eleven from time to time.
As far as joining a clan is concerned, while we hope that fresh faces will join the servers and play, most of them don't last. And to get recruited, you have to play enough to get noticed. And Death, I play on average four days a week averaging around two hours; I've never seen you play but, maybe you're an east coaster and play between five and eight your time while I'm still working.
TM is a deceptively simple game to play and frustratingly hard to be good at. I played for hours and hours getting stomped by humans and ai for years. It was the hours I put in that got me noticed. And to be honest, at first I turned them down. For years.
Of course, I wouldn't trade the CATs I've grown up with over the last several years for gold backed currency but I'd think about it.

i agree with you....

i have been here pretty long and even though i've never been in a clan i can sure understand how much people have left. i still play the servers as long as i don't lag to much and being here as long as i have it isn't hard to notice how much people left the LDA games forum and stopped playing rival ball and tread marks.

as long as tread marks still is being played i will always play it when i have time.
-------------------------------------------------------------
also i have been working on a enhanced stock server that is unlike the other stock servers it is much tougher and everything is very advanced more powerful and faster it is much harder to play. i decided enhance tread marks from a different prospective cause TM mods are mostly the same.......