Skip navigation

Mod Question

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Mod Question
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on April 8, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Hey, not sure if there are many modders about these days. But I need some info, it's been so long since I modded I forgot the command for changing tank death explos. Anyone know it who's willing to share?

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 8, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I think that's a global setting controled through sabot.ent?

I don't have the TM files on this computer, but I'm sure that it's a global setting, so you're not going to find it in any of the normal ent files.

Level 13 Human Cosmic Destroyer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on April 8, 2009 at 7:53 pm

heh, good to see modding isn't COMPLETELY dead...

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 9, 2009 at 11:41 pm

It sure isn't dead i am still modding and i am going to release some this summer if i have enough time.

also i haven't worked on the explosions much i am a busy guy i work on my mods when i have time. so i can't help you much =Mod= Tank Target as i haven't worked on my mods in a couple weeks and they are enhanced stock mods so most is as is. just alternate.

Posted on April 11, 2009 at 10:12 pm

ah. why doesn't anyone post news about this? :P

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 11, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Right, I will check the sabot.ent, I'll be peeved if it's there...

I am not making a new mod pack though, I'm just playing around on my own. I'm trying to rig a tank for doing suicide runs... heh and have it drop a Tsar Bomba from one of my more recent packs...

Who knows maybe I'll get inspired to do an actual mod instead of just making a bunch of eerily similar weapons. (I've been too much a quantity over quality type.)

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 22, 2009 at 8:59 pm

Right, I will check the sabot.ent, I'll be peeved if it's there...

I am not making a new mod pack though, I'm just playing around on my own. I'm trying to rig a tank for doing suicide runs... heh and have it drop a Tsar Bomba from one of my more recent packs...

Who knows maybe I'll get inspired to do an actual mod instead of just making a bunch of eerily similar weapons. (I've been too much a quantity over quality type.)

It's been a LONG while, but I do believe that it's correct that the tank's explosion is a global entity, and can't be changed.

Well, you can change the tank's explosion, but you can't have custom death explosions for different tanks.

For what you're trying, your best bet would be to give the tank a custom projectile as its main gun, and have said projectile explode instantly after being fired with the desired effect. The only problem you'd run into here is that you might not want the blast to be that powerful, but you'll have to make it pretty strong to guarantee that the tank firing it gets destroyed in the blast.

Posted on April 22, 2009 at 11:35 pm

that would be cool... a way to solve that problem is to... idk. but that WOULD be awesome seeing the nuclear tank explode in a nuke blast. dangerous in death!!

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on April 23, 2009 at 9:49 am

Hmm, you could do the following:

1 - make the main projectile a self detonating projectile with a ttl of 0.1 that does no damage, and an explo to go with it
2 - create a spewer chained to the explo of the main projectile
3 - set the launch coord of the spewer to above your tank, and the direction to fire a real projectile downwards and enable self damage.
4 - the real projectile does 100% damage
5 - set the splash damage and radius of the real projectile to affect the surrounding tanks.
6 - set the tank's weapon to the main projectile.

optional 1 - make a tank mesh that has tnt strapped on.
optional 2 - make the launch sound of the new projectile a one shot sound of a guy screaming death to the infidels! }B>

you can of course make this a pick up weapon which attaches a Looney-Tunes-style tnt pack to the tank.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 23, 2009 at 5:39 pm

I could do that, I can simplify it down though.

I could make a projectile with a short time to live and have it explode regardless, or have it posses max gravity and just detonate on contact in a profound way. A spewer is still likely though an Explo chain isn't a bummer idea either. We'll see, between school etc I may never get it done. If I do, I promise to upload for all to DL and play with.

As for the optional parts, I've always sucked with Meshes.

Level 12 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 23, 2009 at 7:30 pm

Good hopefully you'll get some time to work on that mod :) .

Posted on April 24, 2009 at 8:37 pm

speaking of mods, did you happen to find your updated tank pack, tanktarget?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 30, 2009 at 10:44 pm

Well I couldn't find the Hellfire Legion pack, if you still want my personal pack I suppose I could upload it. I've been short of time as of late, if I have the chance I will try and get it up.

Posted on May 1, 2009 at 6:46 pm

u should probably put it up on the clan site to be safe.