Skip navigation

Random sound during game

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Random sound during game
Level 13 Human Cosmic Destroyer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on March 29, 2009 at 8:49 pm

there is a certain mod that causes a few sounds (engines for example) to be replaced with a random sound each time the exe is ran. the random sound is always the same until treadmarks is closed. then, when ran again, the sound is different. I think that it is a weapon that causes this error.

thx in advance,

Death (Dotz in game)

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on March 30, 2009 at 12:14 am

There is no such mod.

Random sounds mean you have too many mods in the addons folder and TM can no longer track the ents correctly in memory.

Posted on March 30, 2009 at 7:08 pm

so, do I get the mod picker or something? how do I fix this (besides the obvious.

Edit: your site isn't working for me, killer. is there a working mod picker elsewhere?

Posted on March 30, 2009 at 8:16 pm

LOL, oops. I deployed a photo site for my folks and accidentally undeployed my TM site. Glad someone noticed. I don't hit mysite up since I just go to the server's TM files folder to grab stuff. LOL

You can use the mod manager, but you have to have a folder of the original zip files. The mod manager uses the original zips to figure out what mods are installed, as well as show you any conflicts between the zip files.

there is also the TM addons selector which lets you switch between different addon folders, but you can use both apps simultaneously. The mod manager only works with the addons folder, and the addons selector swaps the folders when it starts TM.

If you have any problems just post here, I check this forum at least once a day even though I don't post much.

Posted on March 31, 2009 at 7:35 pm

lol, getting closer. There is only thing working is... two news entries. not much is there really.

I downloaded the other mod switcher on Random Chaos's site, but it doesn't work. I'll just wait for you to finish your site

Posted on March 31, 2009 at 7:42 pm

you need to pick a category from the drop down at the top of the files page
;)

click on the link in my sig, then pick Treadmarks - tools from the drop down at the top of the page.

Posted on April 1, 2009 at 9:59 pm

I got it now. but I didn't save the zips, all I did was extract the mods into the addons folder :(

Posted on May 7, 2009 at 10:28 pm

bot

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 7, 2009 at 11:22 pm

it's a forest of bots now *comes out into clearing*