Skip navigation

my teeth are chattering, generally speaking

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > my teeth are chattering, generally speaking
Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 4, 2009 at 7:48 pm

2 things.... google just doesn't have any answers some times, so here i am in the only forum i ever frequent :)

after having watched enough football (american, that is) over the last 4 weeks, why do they make the football announcers stand for the entire game? it just doesn't make any sense to me. and in john madden's case, wouldn't that be considered elder abuse? ;)

the other thing, i've watched one of my brothers play diablo2, LOD, off and on now for several years, on the same computer desktop winXP. he just got a new laptop with vista, installed diablo2 and started a new character. when he got to Lut Gholein, there was this NPC guy sitting on a red carpet that i don't ever remember seeing before. so we did some experimenting...

desktopXP character saves moved to vista laptop... no guy on red carpet in Lut Gholein.
moved the vista laptop character save to desktopXP, the guy on the red carpet is still there, but the characters created on desktopXP, still no guy on the red carpet.

you wouldn't know that anything was wrong with the game on the desktopXP, rare, unique, and green items are pretty scarce. but on the vista laptop, rare, unique, and green items are popping up all over the place, and ... there's that guy on the red carpet in Lut Gholein.

it's just all weird and now we're thinking that some how the desktopXP version of diablo2 LOD (fully patched) got a couple of bits and bytes messed up ... or something. we really don't know what to think, except that once the character is saved, the good/bad code is now in those files.

anyway... toodles,
harmless
:)