Skip navigation

Is there a switch to install Particle fire silently??

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Is there a switch to install Particle fire silently??
Level 10 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 23, 2008 at 10:52 am

Hi there!!
I have Particle fire screensaver but every now and then I format my pc and I have to install all the programs again, now I'm working in an unattended cd and I want to include the screen saver but I can't find a way to install it silently without intervention of the user.
Can someone help me??
Thanks

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 25, 2008 at 10:55 pm

For both Particle Fire and Particle Fire 2, you can just copy the .scr file into your C:\Windows\System32 folder and it should work fine.

To register the screensaver or make it your default screensaver, you'll need to change some registry settings. I can look those up for you if you're interested.

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on November 27, 2008 at 9:07 pm

Thanks for the reply, but my idea is to have a batch file during the installation of windows that will install the screensaver without me having to hit enter or next for the screensaver to be installed... for example I use firefox and for the installation to be silent I just use
Firefox3.exe -ms and the browser is installed without me having to clik enter or anything... I'd like to do the same with the Particle fire.
Thanks

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 2, 2008 at 4:52 am

Well, I looked it up; the install software that we used back when we last packaged Particle Fire was called Clickteam Install Creator Pro. Unfortunately, I looked it up, and I wasn't able to find any option to run installers created with this package in a silent or unattended mode.

Sorry.

Like I said though, you could always just add these lines to your batch file:

[code:1:b1e5f97418]copy 'Particle Fire 2.scr' C:\Windows\system32
reg add 'HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop' /v SCRNSAVE.EXE /t REG_SZ /d C:\Windows\system32\PARTIC~1.SCR[/code:1:b1e5f97418]

The first line should make it possible to select particle fire from the screen-saver dialog, and the second line should make it the default screensaver for whichever user is running the batch file.

Level 10 Human gamer
Posted on December 2, 2008 at 2:59 pm

I'll try that and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your time.
Carlos