Skip navigation

TM Running on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS using Wine

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > TM Running on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS using Wine
Level 16 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on September 20, 2008 at 2:13 pm

Hi,

Planning a trip to the land down under and not all that interested in the TSA copying my worki hard drive; to that end I picked up a spare drive and installed Ubuntu 8.04 on my Dell D830 laptop. The first install went pretty smoothly but I was having wireless problems so I found, downloaded and installed the Dell branded version which didn't get me much further with respect to wireless. Post fixing the wireless problem, the only thing I really cared about running was TM.
To that end, I installed Wine using the Wine site recommened path which is essentially a development version.
Post that I ran the standard TM install and 1.5 to 1.6 patch; transferred my addons and it worked. I still need to see what I can do about resolution which is 640 x 480 at present but, it works and I though folks might be interested to know.

Wine for Ubuntu, Debian, and Debian-based distributions
Dell Laptop Testing D830
Dell Linux Forum

Hey Killier? What do you think of your display utility running under Wine?

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on September 20, 2008 at 6:56 pm

We've known that works for a while: http://38.112.120.110/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002398.html

:)

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on September 20, 2008 at 10:14 pm

It needs .Net 2.0 and Direct X, if you have those covered, it would run. :)

Level 16 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on September 20, 2008 at 10:24 pm

The last thread I saw about this was using CrossOver Office. I never saw that thread.