Skip navigation

Rival Ball and RBT servers have been reset!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Rival Ball and RBT servers have been reset!
Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 7, 2008 at 7:47 pm

Hi everyone,

We've moved our Rival Ball and RBT servers to new hardware, which will hopefully make the servers more stable.

We've also decided to restart the game servers from scratch. From now on, we'll probably restart the game servers from scratch once a year, to give new players a better chance to get into the top 10 rank. If you're all really nice, I might even put up a page to archive the top-10 players of the 2007-2008 season!

So don't be surprised if your accounts are missing, because we've deleted everybody's accounts. Just launch Rival Ball or RBT and recreate your accounts, as though you were creating a new account. The login window will still show your old accounts, but ignore those; it's just caching the old names, even though they no longer exist on the server.

Some of you may experience trouble connecting to the server, or you'll get weird error messages when trying to create a new account. If this is the case, you'll need to explicitly tell the game to connect to the Longbow Digital Arts server. Just open the Game Room window (in the top-left corner of the screen), select the Longbow Digital Arts room, and click the Connect button.

And of course, let me know if you're having any trouble! As always, you can contact me through email, or via the private messaging feature of the forums.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 7, 2008 at 9:54 pm

Thanks, Rick!
Maybe there will be less abuse and stuff now, one can only hope :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 8, 2008 at 6:23 am

Thanks, Rick!

Probably not. This will just give Trooper the opportunity to recreate all of the nicks he had to delete and start abusing everyone again.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 9, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Thanks, Rick!

Probably not. This will just give Trooper the opportunity to recreate all of the nicks he had to delete and start abusing everyone again.

And it looks as if there have been the opportunists at it right from the get go--self-players and nick abusers, and the odd rank abuser.

Oh the horror...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 11, 2008 at 5:57 pm

Hi everyone,

We've also decided to restart the game servers from scratch. From now on, we'll probably restart the game servers from scratch once a year, to give new players a better chance to get into the top 10 rank. If you're all really nice, I might even put up a page to archive the top-10 players of the 2007-2008 season!

since player 1 is currently 248 - 2 and player 2 is 189 - 0, it appears the only thing that has changed is the manner in which the cheaters have blatantly made themselves known.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 11, 2008 at 9:48 pm

FreeBird is cheating, he keeps scoring after I've finished the board!