Skip navigation

Sunday 3/23, Clan War needs to be postpone until the 30th

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Sunday 3/23, Clan War needs to be postpone until the 30th
Pages 1 2
Level 15 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 18, 2008 at 7:33 pm

Well, its Easter Sunday. I know I wont be around. Anymore thoughts on this?

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 18, 2008 at 10:16 pm

*facepalm*

I can't believe that I forgot that....

well.... the email has been sent, so at least everyone has the info that they need

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Posted on March 19, 2008 at 3:26 am

*facepalm*

actually, palm sunday was this last sunday, the 16th :)

anyway, the next sunday, the 30th sounds good to me. i'll have eaten way too much chocolate to do me any good in a clan war :P

toodles,
harmless
:)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 19, 2008 at 8:36 pm

I sent out the message as well... (i believe they were planning to come)

... why can't we have events during holidays?.... i think people that still want to play should be allowed to do so... unless the box will be off...

Level 12 Human Tinker
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 19, 2008 at 9:32 pm

I sent out the message as well... (i believe they were planning to come)

... why can't we have events during holidays?.... i think people that still want to play should be allowed to do so... unless the box will be off...

I agree. Not every TM player is a Christian.

Aside from that, even if a player is Christian, and a devout one, it is a rare church that has its festivities occur all day and night.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on March 20, 2008 at 12:48 am

We can still have it if folks want. Up to you all.

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on March 20, 2008 at 1:29 am

We can still have it if folks want. Up to you all.

For what it is worth, I would say it makes sense to have it occur as usual, and people can decide for themselves whether to show up or not.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 20, 2008 at 8:10 pm

No, event delayed one week.

I'm delaying it for the same reason it's delayed at thanksgiving if that happens to occur before the fourth sunday, the odds that some are busy/traveling are higher, potentially causing a lower turnout than normal. This is the only reason for the delay in the event.

If anyone can come up with a reason that another clan battle sunday should be delayed at another time of the year, please say so.

Do you guys think that the holiday server runs for a month because of christmas?

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 6:28 pm

Well, the CAT clan is showing up today, regardless of scheduling. :)

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 6:41 pm

but it might be hard to show up if the server is not running

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 6:43 pm

but it might be hard to show up if the server is not running

We run two servers of our own, Harmless: Dinochrome and the CAT server. Somehow I think we will manage to have fun today, even if it does not count toward official rankings. =)

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Thought Easter was a day time event.

I see that the Clarn war server was taken down intentionally, it's usually just running.

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 7:21 pm

Thought Easter was a day time event.

I did too. Surely was so when I was a kid.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 7:35 pm

Where did the server go?

what a power trip...

we cats are going to the CAT server and have an event of our own :roll:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 8:17 pm

:evil:

THE CLAN WAR SERVER ISN'T ALWAYS RUNNING!

Oh.. sorry, correction: yes, the clan war server was intentionally shut down, last month, after the last clan battle, like it always is.

So, if running the servers like they should be run and wanting as many people to show up as possible is a power trip , then w00t! this is one heck of a ride!

And yes, easter is a day time event, and when I was a kid, I ate with one side of the family for lunch, and one side for dinner. Quiz time: if it's 8 PM on the east coast, what time is it in California?

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 9:01 pm

I fragged like a motherfragger!

non event or not :(

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 10:51 pm

And yes, easter is a day time event, and when I was a kid, I ate with one side of the family for lunch, and one side for dinner. Quiz time: if it's 8 PM on the east coast, what time is it in California?

That would be 17:00. Very traditional 1950s American thinking there, but not everyone operates that way.

Note: a huge amount of Americans do not run on the 09:00 to 17:00 workday, church day, or even use that as their basis for any given day. 2nd and 3rd shift jobs are a way of life for millions. Welcome to the 21st century.

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on March 23, 2008 at 10:52 pm

I fragged like a motherfragger!

non event or not :(

Darn right you did. All in all, that event went on for almost five hours too.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 24, 2008 at 6:31 pm

This is not a matter of religion, I am a proud Christian, but I don't mind playing on Christmas Day. (Sorry I don't have a big family to break bread with).

Eitherway, we used the CAT server and we had a blast! Hopefully we'll always have a server to welcome those who are willing to play on any given Sunday... (with the event that we want)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on March 24, 2008 at 8:35 pm

I have a question... it seems that I can only take 45 pics of TM (using f12). Is there a way to increase this queue? Thanks.

Here's a sample of CAT Server past Sunday event!: (Took several but most got overwritten :( others in presence: RC, NI, Get Backers, Sonic, Thunder, & 2 un-named tanks....

We are running a TeamSpeak like channel= Skypee! If more people are willing to join a mature (un-rated) channel and talk to us, you are welcome!!! (mature people only, 21+ older) Let us know! (send any cat a pm or e-mail if you know it)

Pages 1 2