Skip navigation

trouble downloading dxball

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > trouble downloading dxball
Level 16 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 14, 2008 at 3:59 am

:?: hi, i'm having trouble downloading my purchased dxball games. i am being told there is no associated file and to create one. how do i go about this. i bought some dxball games back in 2001 but lost the activation key. that is why i bought more, different ones. but i cannot access them.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 14, 2008 at 5:39 pm

Okay, two problems here. The easy one is your 2001 purchases; just send me an email or PM with your full name, the email address you had and the city you lived in at the time of your order. I'll send you a download key so you can get those games back.

The no associated file issue is more difficult, so I'll need some more information to help me figure out what the problem is:
[list=1:b6c4e903ed]* When do you get this error message? When trying to download? When installing? When running the game? The more information you can give me, the better.
* What does the error message say, exactly?Get back to me and I'll do what I can.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on February 15, 2008 at 2:09 am

thanx rick. in reply to the first, the email address was [edit]. or may have been [edit] name [edit] and address was [edit]. in reply to second , i am on windows xp. i open game launcher. type in purchase key, highlight game and click install. error message shows tis file does not have a programm associated with it. for performing this action create an association file in the folder options control panel. :?:

[Edited to remove personal information. -Rick-]

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 15, 2008 at 3:44 pm

thanx rick. in reply to the first, the email address was...
You should do this on a PM level or e-mail rick@ldagames.com .

in reply to second , i am on windows xp. i open game launcher. type in purchase key, highlight game and click install. error message shows tis file does not have a programm associated with it. for performing this action create an association file in the folder options control panel.
LDA's Game Launcher is discontinued. You must use the Download Centre to download your purchases.

Posted on February 15, 2008 at 5:23 pm

Yes, as CSY said, we no longer support the Game Launcher, so try again with our Download Centre and see if that works for you.

I found your order, and I'll send you an email with your download key for your old purchases.

Level 16 Human gamer
Posted on February 17, 2008 at 6:17 am

:D thanx for that, all up and running.brilliant.

Posted on February 19, 2008 at 9:50 pm

Glad to hear it!