Skip navigation

Guidelines to using this forum.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > Guidelines to using this forum.
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 23, 2008 at 12:49 pm

[Update 27/1]Added a few new guide, edited ricks ban hammer bit. And did my thanks to my friends.[/End update]

I've noticed for a while that there is no visible forum rules anywhere on the main pages, And with the amount of crap that's not even related to the topics appearing I've made this guide on how to post on this forum (Yes I'm bored, sue me).

1. Try to use readable English.
Example of how to do it correct Hello I'm new here, will you be my friend?

Example of how not to.
OMG U HAX0R! I PWN U, ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

2.Try to keep topics in their required place. Such as Treadmarks questions in the Treadmarks part of the forum. Not in the general forum or where it doesn't belong.

3.Don't advertise stuff that's not relevant to peoples interest such examples of this are bots posting advertising illegal CD keys. A Link to an important article on a web page is fine (Check that over Rick)

4.Try to stay on the topic the forum thread was made about. Such as if its a thread about Rival Balls ball being silver don't post saying something that's not related to the ball being silver such as scores being deleted or someone using a hack.

5.Try to control your pictures And/Or emoticons. We all don't have 20 Mb internet speeds do we? If you want/need to post a large amount of pictures, use links to them.

6.Try to be nice to other forum members no matter how much you want said person banned/laughed at/roundhouse kicked. At the end of the day. If you don't bother them, they won't bother you.

7. We all have a nice sense of humor here, so feel free to join in one of the forum games found here, not only is it a good way to meet other users, its also good fun.
http://www.ldagames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=181 [Jujagas storyboard]
http://www.ldagames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=644 [Nitronumber9s wish corrupter (Warning old post, be good with it)]
http://www.ldagames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1000 [Nitronumber9's KILL! the last poster]

8.Don't post in every topic without adding something to it, its known as trolling and is very annoying.

9.If your planning on leaving the forum weather it be permanently or for a few weeks, please don't post about it unless its an important reason such as a friends death or sponsored event.

10.The all knowing Rick is god here, my Angel maybe strong but in this forum he rules. If he doesn't agree that your sticking to the unwritten rules of his house which he can change depending on anything he feels like. he will use the almighty!

This guide was written by me. Only little old me. I thank all the forum guides I've read ,My Call of Duty4 clan who are good fun,My buddy's Dogma, light, 2ndself and as well as anyone on my MSN, Xfire and these forums, Even the people I don't get along with. If you wish to use parts of this guide leave me a pm or add me to the thanks bit.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 23, 2008 at 6:10 pm

These are generally good rules to follow on any forum, but I won't be posting any official rules any time soon. I've been dealing with problems on a case-by-case basis, and it seems to work fairly well. In my experience, when you run a forum with explicit rules, people tend to find ways to be jerks without breaking any rules, and then it's hard to punish them, because they haven't broken any rules!

But I might not catch everything. If you see any posts that you disagree with, send me an email or PM and I'll look into it.

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on January 23, 2008 at 6:47 pm

... then it's hard to punish them, because they haven't broken any rules!

That is why you end the rules with:

These rules may be updated without prior notice, based on the mood of the admin. :twisted:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 24, 2008 at 11:25 am

But I might not catch everything. If you see any posts that you disagree with, send me an email or PM and I'll look into it.

Is the Pm system even up? I'm still waiting for a pm from ages ago...

And Mario, how does your post relate to the guidelines of the forum?

Level 13 Human pita
Posted on January 27, 2008 at 5:23 pm

-Kong goes to look up some of the Op's first posts to see if he broke any of the rules that were posted. :twisted:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 27, 2008 at 6:12 pm

-Kong goes to look up some of the Op's first posts to see if he broke any of the rules that were posted. :twisted:

Whos this Op's person? their name rings no bells.

And Rick, can you sticky this topic or mark it in someway for new forum people to read?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 27, 2008 at 6:21 pm

Whos this Op's person? their name rings no bells.

And Rick, can you sticky this topic or mark it in someway for new forum people to read?

what more problems ta all nitrobomb9 :twisted:

4.Try to stay on the topic the forum thread was made about.

Another example can be seen above with Marios post not really relating to my last one.

Oh and try to refrain from posting just 1 lined posts. it makes the forum look a bit of a mess.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 1, 2008 at 10:29 pm

OP means Original Post(er) , so now you get what KONG meant >:)

I'm not going to sticky this, but I am being less lenient to some of the off-topic posting that I've let slide in the past.