Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > need mod ideas
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 14, 2008 at 4:58 pm

plz give me some ideas

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on January 14, 2008 at 6:14 pm

I have an idea. How about a weapon that causes damage, but also causes your victim to pull a 180? Like if they are coming at you, you shoot them and they end up doing a 180... good for disorientation ^_^

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 14, 2008 at 7:15 pm

wow....I'm gonna have to be creative to pull that off...

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 14, 2008 at 8:21 pm

I Have Made A 12 X Nuke.How Bout You Make A 50X Mass Driver.

==================================================
What I Mean About 50x Is firing 50 watever the ammo is at one time.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 14, 2008 at 11:31 pm

I mean as in make new weapons/tanks and stuff

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 15, 2008 at 5:50 pm

I think making tanks with animal figures would be cool...

maybe a mass driver that shoots a cigarrete and make the other tank frag out of cancer or some disease.... same idea but shoot water and get the tank fragged with rust...

using subjective ideas might help...such as boredom, time, space, etc :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on January 15, 2008 at 6:05 pm

Oh I know! A stun weapon :D You shoot them and then the victim gets stuck and can't move or anything for like 2-3 seconds... you could call it Time Freeze :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 15, 2008 at 7:55 pm

I would do some animal tanks if you wish...but unfortunately blender won't work on my comp...and my milkshape3d trial is up

pab water idea...I have something similar to it....I made a milk shooter as one of the first mods with my milkshape3d trial thingy...

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on January 16, 2008 at 3:03 am

I always go for laughs... I think malfunctioning weapons would be a real scream.

How about a 'dud' nuke? You fire it, it hunts someone down, hits them, and goes *CLUNK* and falls to the ground. Five seconds later, it explodes. It'd be great if you could get the voice of USCSS Nostromo's Mother from the original Alien movie to do a countdown! Watch from a distance as everyone flees the scene like roaches when the light is snapped on! Hilarious!

How about a crippled Cruise Missile that performs a perfect loop and goes right up your tailpipe? Oops, indeed!

A Heavy Flamer that simply goes off right on your tank, all at once? WHOOSH! FAIL!!!

Think of the laughs if someone picked up Chaotic Evil, pushed the button, and it consumed them, and only them? That'd be a real riot to watch!

In other effects:

How about a Spawn Frag Mirror that bounced everything back at whomever is shooting at you until you cleared the area?

How about Pit Trap for that guy chasing you? There could be a low-damage contact bomb at the bottom of the trap, or maybe just slippery walls, so it'd be a few seconds before they escaped?

How about Time Warp , where you appear to be five tank lengths ahead of yourself? Sort of reverse lag.

Clone Wars - Use it on AI tanks to make them appear briefly as YOU! So distracting for the guy or gal who's hunting you down in revenge!

Okay, that's all I've got for now, but one last weapon would be so awesome to use, watch, or even be the victim of...

Really, Really Big Space-Based laser!! ZORCH!!!

Hilarious, I tell you!

Cheers!
- Pat Hough

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 16, 2008 at 11:35 am

The Lazerz of d00m have already been done, and as for the tank cloning... I think that is brilliant so much so that I did that with my most recent modpack :). However I do not believe that you can get them to take on a name other than a number unforutnately and the problem is when the tanks are added to the scenario they do not leave after death. Which can be a problem sometimes.

Oh and Fingle, the malfunctioning weapons...that is downright brilliant. I think that is definately a good project for someone to work on.

I had an idea several years back that I could never get to work and i am sure it can be done.

The particle fountain! Basically a spewer that spews projectiles that in turn spawn spewers which again spawn another set. Leaving you with about 30 homing high damage particle bursts. I am sure it could be done, but I am miserable with spewers...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 16, 2008 at 3:27 pm

fingle I could probably get the nuke to work right but that's all

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on January 16, 2008 at 7:23 pm

fingle I could probably get the nuke to work right but that's all

You mean work wrong ? (grin!)

That would be so cool!

Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 16, 2008 at 7:39 pm

I Have Made A 12 X Nuke.How Bout You Make A 50X Mass Driver.

When I Said That

I Ment Create A weapon that shoots multiple projectiles at one time
===============================================
Just Forget My Previous Idea.

How About This. Create A Tank that can cloak itself but can only cloak for a limited time.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 16, 2008 at 10:15 pm

cloaking would require the use of a weapon with black.bmp with blend = add or that's how I do it anyways...however you can't limit it

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on January 18, 2008 at 12:40 am

the romulan warbird tank has cloaking

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on January 18, 2008 at 1:10 am