Skip navigation

Problem With Treadmarks

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Problem With Treadmarks
Level 13 Human Cyb0rg tank pil0t:|@- ҉҈҉҈҉-§¹Ç--҉҈҉-
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 2, 2008 at 2:36 am

I Have Recently Installed Tread Marks On MY Computer And I Have Been Get some errors And Crashes.First Of All When I Play Tread Marks For 20 Minutes Or Just Play A Long Game It Crashes My Computer And Turns My Computer Screen Black.Second I Get An Error That Says Could Not Initialize OpenGl Rendering Context!.This Game Worked Fine Until I Reinstalled All My Drivers And My Operating System.I Updated My Graphics Card Drivers And It Still Didn't Work.i Uninstalled And Installed My Game Three Times And Is Giving Me The Same Error.I Have A ATi Radeon X700 Pro Series With The Proper Drivers.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on January 2, 2008 at 3:42 pm

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics drivers. Make sure to restart your computer after uninstalling the drivers, and make sure that the drivers you're reinstalling are the latest drivers from ATI's site.

Your video card may also be experiencing some hardware issues. It could be overheating (which would cause crashes similar to the first crash you described), and the overheating could have damaged the card. I would make sure that the fan on the card is functioning, and also run a program that can report the temperature of the video card, like ATITool. Ideally, the temperature should never go above 60.

If you have another ATI card that you can swap out, that can give you a better idea of whether the problem is in the drivers or the hardware.

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on January 2, 2008 at 5:53 pm

Bad pc ram can also cause similar problems, when it heats up under stress.
99% of the time though its your video card and/or driver. Also, you may want to try to reseat the card, especially if you never reseated them before. Bad contacts can also give you problems.

If you still have trouble following Rick's advice (follow it to the letter), you can try burning this iso on a cd (its under free download ):

http://www.memtest86.com/

it allows you to boot pc with it (as long as your PC can boot from the CD/DVD drive), and run memory tests directly with no OS loaded. It takes several hours but it does a thorough job.

Posted on January 3, 2008 at 7:35 am

Problem Solved

Posted on January 3, 2008 at 7:35 am

Thank You For Your Help.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on January 3, 2008 at 4:51 pm

Glad to hear it.