Skip navigation

After Seven Years; can't we ban the shadow?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > After Seven Years; can't we ban the shadow?
Pages 1 2 3
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on November 23, 2007 at 5:20 pm

Whoa, Whoa, whoa!

Okay time out kids...

Look, we don't have that many people in this community to begin with. And because of a silly weapon you're tearing KV and LDA's heads off?!

I know why you dislike the Shadow and I know what it is like to have a completely unfair and unbeatable weapon constantly used against you and you know there is a solution and no one cares. But come on, it is just a game. And no matter how horrible the Shadow is we all need to respect each other. Fighting and personally attacking each other is taking the game personally which is the first step in destroying a community. The game is meant to have the shadow in it so just enjoy the weapon and deal with it when it is used against you. Think of it this way, it is a new and inexperienced player's savior.

Without some checks and balances like the Shadow this would be like some of those FPS and RPGs that only the best and oldest can win and the new players have no chance in hell. I mean if we can take away the Shadow why not take away all those other weapons that people can use effectively against you as well.

And if it is so horrible with people using Shadows against you...pick one up and let them know just how it feels.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 24, 2007 at 12:51 am

Point well made! :D ,,,,,KILLEr

Who in the hell is Mario anyway??????/ :evil:

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 25, 2007 at 3:03 am

I'm not tearing anyone's head off, I'm asking for a simple change to improve game play for the community at large.

I didn't expect KV to make the change, I was hoping LDA would make the change.

Hoping this post would die is a crappy attitude though. When something is wrong, ignoring it doesn't make it right.

It's kind of like the house flipper next door whose son bought them into a mold infested house. They covered all the mold with 1/4 of sheet rock and crown molding. They say there isn't any mold. That doesn't make it so.

Level 11 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 25, 2007 at 8:51 am

I'm not tearing anyone's head off, I'm asking for a simple change to improve game play for the community at large.

I didn't expect KV to make the change, I was hoping LDA would make the change.

Hoping this post would die is a crappy attitude though. When something is wrong, ignoring it doesn't make it right.

It's kind of like the house flipper next door whose son bought them into a mold infested house. They covered all the mold with 1/4 of sheet rock and crown molding. They say there isn't any mold. That doesn't make it so.

So if you can functional or not

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on November 27, 2007 at 5:34 pm

ok, good old shadow...

frankly, with a weight of 10 I fail to see how it can be spawning every couple minutes unless theres about 20 people on a server, in which case racking up 6-8 kills is nothing.

Killing someone with a wonkygun is EASY. Just pull out the Avenger or swarmers, or gasp snipe them with the plasma bolt from across the map.

If anyone missed it, the more powerful the weapon, the less it shows up, hence: Balance.

I see no problem with it as it stands. With enough outcry I can see maybe lowering it's weight to 5, for the simple fact you can get more kills with it than you can a nuke (Which also has a weight of 10)...but otherwise...it's fine.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on November 29, 2007 at 8:09 pm

Unfortunately, there have been problems and issues with Shadows and nukes spawning every fifteen to thirty seconds.
Take one shadow and one newb with a penchant for reloading and the game play goes to crap.

Level 11 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 2, 2007 at 11:01 am

Rick The reduction in the quantities of nuclear weapons and the shadows might work good

It is a good idea :lol:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 5, 2007 at 4:53 pm

:idea: What about making it so that when the shadow weapon is fired, another invisible weapon also fires that damages the player using it...should be pretty easy using a spewer. Also it would seem more evil that way :twisted: damaging the user and all.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 5, 2007 at 6:28 pm

I have an idea, increase the rate of fire and decrease the ammo. Yes it will kill far faster but! The ammo will go very fast, I say halve the ammo and double the ROF. That way the gun should expend ammo 4 times faster than before. And perhaps lower the weight just a tad.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on December 6, 2007 at 9:35 pm

To reiterate what has already been said: This is the stock server. The only thing that gets changed on this server are the maps to remove those that players don't like to play.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 6, 2007 at 10:32 pm

Yeah, I know now I am just taking the liberty to brainstorm. I mean this thread could come up with a solution for other servers that are running you know. Perhaps the Shadow could make it's way back to the clan wars if the right balance was found.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 7, 2007 at 5:03 pm

:idea: What about making it so that when the shadow weapon is fired, another invisible weapon also fires that damages the player using it...should be pretty easy using a spewer. Also it would seem more evil that way :twisted: damaging the user and all.

Actually, you wouldn't even have to go as far as to use a spewer. You could just create a projectile with a zero lifetime and a small splash radius and chain it to the Shadow's SmokeEnt.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 8, 2007 at 3:51 pm

...or you just can come and visit our >CAT< SERVER where evil shadow does not exist! :twisted:

Pages 1 2 3