Skip navigation

After Seven Years; can't we ban the shadow?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > After Seven Years; can't we ban the shadow?
Pages 1 2 3
Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 14, 2007 at 10:44 pm

Ruined the game tonight a shadow ever 30 seconds or so followed by a nuke followed by a nuke.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 12:25 am

While the shadow is overpowered, I disagree that it should be completely banned. The problem with the shadow is that, for balance, it should be able to kill 1-2 people only, and not be able to be superammoed. Perhaps a severe drop in ammo instead of disabling is better.

Also, I like the challenge of trying to kill people using shadows :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 8:21 am

wow, great poll, not loaded at all...

:roll:

Level 11 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 9:03 am

Rick is the one who knows not all of you

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 10:17 am

I agree with you RC, 100% :twisted:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 10:27 am

Has something changed :?: I've noticed increases in nukes and shadows for some time now as well as VTB and others. I spend a lot of time wasting the shadows I get as well as those I find. Nukes are popping up all over.

I was for getting rid of the shadow but I do like the idea of reducing the ammo (and frequency if possible).

My only priority when someone has evil is to seek and destroy!!

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 10:47 am

I am with Gman on this topic- reduce the ammo by half and reduce the frequency that it is spawned. It would be nice to see people occasionally getting one good kill out of it, but beyond that it gets annoying.

What would also be useful is removing the possibility of using the gold ammo refills with the Shadow weapon. Not sure if it can be done, but that would make the Shadow weapon entirely tolerable.

Posted on November 15, 2007 at 12:03 pm

Last night, after the fourth or fifth Shadow spawn of the game, that would be in the first six minutes or so, I got one and decided screw it, pick it up.

I dived into the middle of the map and just held down the fire button. I believe I racked up 8 cheap frags, Carnage bid us adieu(sp) and bailed.

There were so many shadow spawns at that point, I decided I'd rather play at the Dinochrome arcade.

Posted on November 15, 2007 at 12:05 pm

Also, I like the challenge of trying to kill people using shadows :)
You get two on Dinochrome and you can frag an enemy with that few, I've done it.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 3:18 pm

Yes the Evil One can be a pain in the turrent. :evil:
Don't allow the NASTY ONE to recharge! :D
I have notice to many nukes drives me crazy! :twisted:

Level 11 Human gamer
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 8:09 pm

You are all a fraud are not any Administrator of LDA is to speak rick :x

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 9:18 pm

Mario: The Community server is currently run by Kv. This server is hosted by Lda, but Kv (a player just like you and I) has admin rights to it. Since it is a community server, if enough people complain, Kv can change it.

The shadow has always been a problem topic, because the player community s split in half over it. But that doesn't mean people shouldn't try to get it removed.

And your usage of the word fraud is incorrect. That word is typically used to describe people who are trying to trick you for their own benefit. We are having a discussion about whether or not it should be removed from the community server. There is no one here pretending to be from Lda, so no one here is trying to commit fraud.

Posted on November 15, 2007 at 10:53 pm

KV,

This poll, like any other politically advanced notion is only as biased as what one would find in the popular media.

I hate the Shadow and I find its use game fun killing.

To prove my point, from now on, when I find one, instead of wasting it, I'm going to act like Thunder, ..get backers.. or an AI with a penchant for super ammo boxes. I'm not going to whine anymore when the fifth shadow shows up six minutes into the game, I'm going to look for it and then use it.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 11:00 pm

... and a few.. if not just 1 will go against changing the default settings...
change is good sometimes though,
especially when we'll find playing TM over 6 years and know the maps like our bedroom and the weapons like our bodies...
Therefore, like VTB, if I use the shadow and reload it, the game is over in a few minutes :twisted: that also means other people will leave.
I think the shadow should only have 13 ammo (13 is a good number for the evil) and have gold ammo kill you if you try to reload it (that's probably easier to do then changing the weapon?)

Posted on November 15, 2007 at 11:32 pm

There are server side poisin pill ammo boxes but that would make the stock server not stock.
That has been the whole premise around not adjusting the weights on the weapons for the STOCK server.
I'm just trying to point out that 90% of the players on the stock server have been playing for years and probably 70% of us would prefer some form of adjustment to the Shadow.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 11:40 pm

you probably can make the gold ammo poisonous ONLY for the shadow weapon...

Level 11 Human gamer
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 11:41 pm

Scratches head, ponders the use of alter-egos to skew poll perception. Realizes he lives in America and regardless of right and wrong, what is the harm in acting like a Republican if it is for the greater good.
:twisted:

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on November 15, 2007 at 11:43 pm

Scratches head, ponders the use of alter-egos to skew poll perception. Realizes he lives in America and regardless of right and wrong, what is the harm in acting like a Republican if it is for the greater good.
:twisted:

The answer is 42 . So sayeth Zaphod Beeblebrox. Griddlyfumptydoo.

Level 11 Human gamer
Posted on November 16, 2007 at 1:00 am

The game was created and if I were what I do that single game I play with the computer and it seems many shadow and the PC when it has little recharge :twisted: :twisted:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 16, 2007 at 1:16 am

you probably can make the gold ammo poisonous ONLY for the shadow weapon...

It's been a while since I've fiddled with TM modding, but if I remember correctly, you can't set up per-weapon reactions to ammo boxes. Grabbable items just have modifiers for standard ammo, special ammo, and health, regardless of which weapon is being held.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the Shadow disappear, but it could be tolerable with some modifications. Maybe keep the rate of fire the same, but lower the range and starting ammo? As is, it has a bunch of ammo, fires quickly, does a fair amount of damage, never misses, and keeps the target tank essentially immobile so they can't get out of range once it's been hit.

Pages 1 2 3