Skip navigation

Does the new version 1.6.1. I think? support 1680x1050.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Does the new version 1.6.1. I think? support 1680x1050.
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 19, 2007 at 12:47 pm

Does the new version 1.6.1. I think? support 1680x1050.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 19, 2007 at 2:30 pm

Tread Marks doesn't support 1680x1050 directly, however you can manually edit it's configuration settings to use whatever resolution you want. Here's how:

* Hold down the Window key and press the R key on your keyboard. This will open the Run... dialog. Type regedit and press enter. If you're running on Vista, press 'Continue' on the warning that pops up.
* the Registry Editor window will pop up. On the left side there's a directory structure. Navigate to the following folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Longbow Digital Arts\Tread Marks <version number>

(On older versions of Tread Marks, this folder may be under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Also, the version number may not match the actual version you have.)
* In the right pane you'll see a bunch of settings. Look for the settings 'GLBWIDTH' and 'GLBHEIGHT'. These set your monitor resolution.
* Double-click on 'GLBWIDTH'. In the new window that pops up, make sure the 'Base' setting is set to 'Decimal', and then type '1680'.
* Do the same for 'GLBHEIGHT', but set it to 1050.
* ???
* Profit!

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on October 19, 2007 at 9:33 pm

or use my Treadmarks screen mode selector tool ;)

http://www.omnilinkavstudios.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=BJS/downloads_Tools.php&group=BJS&uid=&

Level 12 Human Tinker
Alignment: Good
Posted on October 21, 2007 at 5:07 pm

or use my Treadmarks screen mode selector tool ;)

http://www.omnilinkavstudios.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=BJS/downloads_Tools.php&group=BJS&uid=&

Hmmm. I have previously tried your screen mode selector tool, but it never worked on my machine, so I must have implemented it incorrectly. I will have a new 24 monitor in a few days- high time to try it again. :) Does it perform the same function as what Rick describes above?

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on October 21, 2007 at 7:30 pm

yes, it reads the list of screen modes available, and then sets the registry accordingly. It's safer than editing the registry.

What was the issue you were having with TMSM? If no one mentions that they're having issues with my programs, they'll never get fixed.

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on October 22, 2007 at 7:15 pm

yes, it reads the list of screen modes available, and then sets the registry accordingly. It's safer than editing the registry.

What was the issue you were having with TMSM? If no one mentions that they're having issues with my programs, they'll never get fixed.

I was receiving some sort of error message, but that was a year ago so I do not recall what it was. I will try it again when I return home tonight and let you know what I find. My video card is now a different one, so that might fix the problem that I originally had in running the application.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 22, 2007 at 11:18 pm

I've never used Killer's app. He made it after I had already changed my TM resolution (actually, based on the info Rick provided in my question about how to change it).

But TM works well at 1680x1050 - that's the resolution I run at. Unlike a lot of games, especially older games, TM scales very well.

--RC

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 25, 2007 at 11:55 am

Thanks for all the replies. And thanks KiLlEr for that application, it works for me on Vista. :lol:

Also I would like to thank Rick for all your help :lol:

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on October 27, 2007 at 2:11 am

It appears that TM is going to work fine with the highest resolution setting on my new 24 monitor, so I did not need to use Killer's app. Problem solved. :) My oh my, you gents are correct. The game scales *very* well into high-res. screens! This new BFG nVidia 7800 GS OC I recently received is not hurting it either! There is a huge difference with AA and AF cranked up as global settings using NVTray and then running TM.

Matter of fact, I think I will go play now. Dinochrome, here I come.