Skip navigation

The King of Breakout Games is Back!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > The King of Breakout Games is Back!
Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 26, 2018 at 11:35 pm

DX-Ball 2 is back and available now in a special 20th Anniversary Edition on Steam! Re-mastered in widescreen HD, the new release features online leaderboards, a board editor with Steam workshop support, new powerups, achievements and more! Grab it for 20% during our special Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales!

Level 3 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 4, 2018 at 8:16 am

DX-Ball 2 is back and available now in a special 20th Anniversary Edition on Steam! Re-mastered in widescreen HD, the new release features online leaderboards, a board editor with Steam workshop support, new powerups, achievements and more! Grab it for 20% during our special Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales!

I just wanted to thank you for remastering this game. My deceased friend introduced this game to me in 2002, when we were in 2nd grade. I've kept the installation files moved from PC to PC ever since. I'm running a very high end PC now, with a 4K monitor, and this game still looks good to me and is a blast. I love the new board sets, the online leaderboard features, the game editor, the charms, the new power ups, and the paddle kick feature. This feels like a new game to me. I'm eternally grateful and I'll pay full price for any DLC or features that are ever made for this Breakout style gem.

If I had any suggestions for improvement to an already great game;

- Further up the resolution to at least 1080P. 720P is a huge upgrade from the original, but most of us are rocking at least HD displays at this point.
- Add multiplayer PvP (Sort of like Tournament Ball, a game of yours I also own.)
- Add more charms/easter eggs later
- Add more power ups later
- It would be nice to see all the board packs from the original make it back in. I purchased every board set there was.

I hope this game keeps being improved upon, because I've kept coming back now for 16 years, and will continue to do so...