Skip navigation

Similar Arcade Games

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Similar Arcade Games
Level 1 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on September 17, 2017 at 1:02 am
Tagged: dx ball arcade games

I have been trying to search for similar games like DX Ball on various arcade sites but couldn't find any. Any list would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Level 1 Human gamer
Posted on September 17, 2017 at 1:05 am

Found one in this list of hacked arcade games.

Looks like they modded DX-Ball and ended up with a bad idea. LOL.

Level 3 Human gamer and programmer
Alignment: Good
Location: Belgrade, Serbia. Probably in front of my computer.
Posted on September 18, 2017 at 10:28 pm

Found one in this list of hacked arcade games.

Looks like they modded DX-Ball and ended up with a bad idea. LOL.

Can't find it, what's it called?
Regarding DX-Ball like games, first make sure you've tried all the games in the series (DX-Ball, DX-Ball 2, Rival Ball, Rival Ball Tournament and Super DX-Ball)
Similar games, try SDL-Ball or Hyperballoid.
The Smash Frenzy (otherwise known as Magic Ball, though I've discovered that Smash Frenzy really is Magic Ball with extra levels) and Strike Ball series are pretty good 3D brick breakers.
While I believe DX-Ball was made to be a bit simpler indie brick breaker, my all time favourite game in the genre would have to be Ricochet Infinity, it has so many features and it draws its name from the quantity of user-made levels available to download through the game itself. If you like it, also consider trying the previous games in the Ricochet series (Ricochet Xtreme, Ricochet Lost Worlds and Ricochet Lost Worlds Recharged)
Finally, make sure you've tried the games that started the genre, Breakout and Arkanoid and their respective sequels, Super Breakout and Arkanoid: Revenge of DOH

Level 9 Human
Posted on October 3, 2017 at 4:42 am

If you search around the web for 'brick buster games', I'm pretty sure you'll find thousands of games like DX-Ball. Two of my personal favourites are Z-Ball and BreakQuest. Go check them out.

Level 3 Human gamer and programmer
Alignment: Good
Location: Belgrade, Serbia. Probably in front of my computer.
Posted on October 7, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Yes, Z-Ball is also a good one. Here's another one that came on top of my head - Shatter. Relatively newer release compared to the other games on the list, but it has great graphics. Downside is that it might not run smoothly on some really older computers, but anything from 2007 upwards should be able to do it. I never really got the hang of it though.