Skip navigation

finished time

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > finished time
Pages 1 2 3
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on October 13, 2007 at 10:10 am

I personally believe that XP is the best operating system that Microsoft created, but I remain optimistic that as time goes on that Vista may lose it's initial bad reputation and actually shape up to be a decently good system.

Jujaga, this is the real world not your dreams. Just thought id let you know, I would have thought this was real, but my alter ego has a shotgun in this dream not her normal bow.

NN9, I am saying this on a Windows Vista machine. I am expressing my opinion in reality. I know when I'm dreaming and when I'm not ^_^

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 14, 2007 at 6:49 am

*Error message* Windows Vista will not allow you to post on this forum.

Level 12 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on October 14, 2007 at 8:45 am

Windows XP is a very good system and it is even being tour :D

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on October 15, 2007 at 9:27 pm

Advisable not to use windows vista now is better than using a XP meantime 8)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on October 16, 2007 at 3:17 am

what is the point of this

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on October 16, 2007 at 8:06 pm

what is the point of this

The point is that I am thinking about Windows Vista if something is wrong or on the new system because it is even good xp :shock:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 16, 2007 at 9:52 pm

Vista works fine... some programs may be a bit rough on it, but other than that I would say there isn't anything to worry about. However, if you really wanted to be on the safe side, stick with XP. I personally wouldn't worry about the downside of Vista, assuming you have a decently fast computer.

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on October 17, 2007 at 1:41 pm

And your installed a demonstration of Windows Vista in your computer to see if it really works well :?: :!: :idea:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 17, 2007 at 6:16 pm

Uh not quite. I bought a new computer, and Vista came on it. I wouldn't recommend people who already use XP on their systems to upgrade to Vista, but those who already have it have nothing too much to worry about because Vista, contrary to all the negative comments floating around the internet, does indeed work well.

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on October 17, 2007 at 11:07 pm

I have a program that LDA games as I can run this file MCEWrapper I need to run it is that :?:

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 18, 2007 at 4:53 pm

MCEWrapper is only used by Window Media Center. You can safely ignore it.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 19, 2007 at 9:42 am

Hey Rick, I'm all for an osx release! I'll buy both when you get em going. But wow, coding for osx has been a joy for me. I simply love xcode and all the goodies it brings. And osx is nice in how it lets you turn off a lot of unnecessary eye candy if you like (there are still a lot of effects that you can't remove, but in my opinion, only a tiny smidge of them are truly just 'eye candy'... many have purpose), and system performance is somewhat great. Still, it requires a video card. And while I don't call compositing eye candy (it's a great utility) others will argue it is. In the end, osx has an open hand to developers where microsoft has a hand in your wallet, and that's what kills me.

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on October 20, 2007 at 7:56 pm

Hey Rick, I'm all for an osx release! I'll buy both when you get em going. But wow, coding for osx has been a joy for me. I simply love xcode and all the goodies it brings. And osx is nice in how it lets you turn off a lot of unnecessary eye candy if you like (there are still a lot of effects that you can't remove, but in my opinion, only a tiny smidge of them are truly just 'eye candy'... many have purpose), and system performance is somewhat great. Still, it requires a video card. And while I don't call compositing eye candy (it's a great utility) others will argue it is. In the end, osx has an open hand to developers where microsoft has a hand in your wallet, and that's what kills me.

Dudymas happens you have something that you found yourself for a fact that these goods or not that is

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 20, 2007 at 9:15 pm

And that rhymes with dog...

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 20, 2007 at 10:10 pm

Dogs taste like chicken too...

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on October 22, 2007 at 4:53 pm

What happens is that such barbarity :(

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on November 12, 2007 at 6:44 pm

I think there are programs that are new and it is using Windows Vista XP, but I think not recognize

Level 11 Human gamer
Posted on February 6, 2008 at 9:39 pm

Rick programmer I see you talk about maybe trying to port Hegemony to linux. I think it's a real good Idea because their's plenty of FPS on Linux but Hegemony type of game are rare and demended, so I'm prety sure that a some would like to help ( I would if I had the skill but I'm still at basic programing). If your game use OpenGL you can try with old Loki installer, or just ask a porting to linux compagny to do it for you. Cuz your game look real cool, and I'm going to try the demo on Wine soon but Native Linux game are always more apreciate then wine-working game. Anyway that's my 2 cents.

A last thing, if gaming is only on windows... it's because game are made with directX. Look almost all OpenGL game work have a native Linux version.

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on February 6, 2008 at 10:35 pm

good Asked On of directX and OpenGL Tread Marks and Hegemony Require Those functions for what Run to Tread Marks and Hegemony

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 7, 2008 at 6:59 am

Hegemony is written in DirectX. To port it, the first thing I would try is compiling it with Wine. If Wine isn't up to snuff, that would set me back quite a bit.

That's one of the reasons why, at this point, I'm not making any promises.

Pages 1 2 3