Skip navigation

DX Ball 2 Resolution Problems

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > DX Ball 2 Resolution Problems
Level 12 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 4, 2007 at 3:29 pm

We just installed Vista and use nvidia graphic drivers. Every time I go into DXball 2 the resolution changes to 640 x 480. I want to be able to use the default which is 1680 x 1050. How can I fix this?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2007 at 7:14 am

Dx ball 2 from what i remember is designed to run in 640x480 its like most of the games from that era , you can't go over 640x480 (from what i know of)

There is a program that may help fix this problem , i tried it once but never got on with it. if you wish to try it heres a link

http://www.caiman.us/scripts/fw/f1929.html

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2007 at 9:42 am

Thanks for your help. I tried and it did not work. Guess I'll just have to wait for Nvidia to come out with the fix for the flat panel scaling.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 7, 2007 at 7:13 am

Thanks for your help. I tried and it did not work. Guess I'll just have to wait for Nvidia to come out with the fix for the flat panel scaling.

Nvidia will proberby fix it as soon as the next driver update is out.

btw, whats wrong with 640x480? i know its low detail these days but it works well concidering.

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on July 7, 2007 at 7:24 am

The game works fine, for the most part. A little choppy sometimes at this resolution. The flat panel scaling worked with Windows XP so the screen got a little smaller. Guess that's just my preference.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on July 9, 2007 at 8:05 pm

Nitro is right, like most 2D games, especially of that era, DX-Ball 2 wasn't designed to have a scalable resolution. There's not much you can do, other than play in a window instead of in full-screen mode. In DX-Ball 2 and Rival Ball you can switch between full-screen and windowed mode by pressing the F7 key.

Video drivers for Vista are still pretty sketchy, both on the Nvidia and ATI end. Hopefully they'll improve soon, and you'll get your flat panel scaling back.

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on July 10, 2007 at 5:05 am

I have tried the windowed version, but all I get is this little square. Is there any way to widen it out?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 10, 2007 at 6:32 am

I have tried the windowed version, but all I get is this little square. Is there any way to widen it out?

lower screen resolution?

i remember having a black box around some of my games only way i found to fix it was to lower the screen resolution.