Skip navigation

TEAM'S LIMIT FOR CLAN WARS...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > TEAM'S LIMIT FOR CLAN WARS...
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 25, 2007 at 10:40 am

Is the limit of players 5 or 6 per team?

I thought we agreed on 6 but people still confused.

If I can propose something:
It should be 6 as long as another clan can match it... (June's Clan War had 2 participants in different teams because of the 5 person rule).

If you decide 5 is the limit then what do we do with the extra players that want to participate? Join one team or different teams?

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 25, 2007 at 11:08 am

Personally, I want to play so if there other clans are short a player or to, we could fill the slots if they are willing.
>CAT< like to to frag >CAT<, I know Viper II takes a special interest in hunting me.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on June 25, 2007 at 9:53 pm

I know Viper II takes a special interest in hunting me
...LOL...you have to love being a CAT...LOL

I would keep it to 5. Makes you wonder where the rules are.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on June 25, 2007 at 11:24 pm

*stalks steathly through the tall grasses, hunting 666's tank*

I'd say keep it at 5 unless LWA also managed to get 6. But 2 6's vs 1 2 isn't fair (wel, nor is 2 5s, but still).

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on June 26, 2007 at 1:29 am

If you look back at the posts when it came up last, the response was bring it.

Oh well, we could break up into smaller squads, we still like to pound each other.

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Posted on June 26, 2007 at 4:34 am

on a good map, with 5 people per team, the 99 frag limit is reached pretty earlier. if there were 6 on a team, the limit would be reached even earlier.
so to me, 5 is a good number since the matches last longer then.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on June 26, 2007 at 7:32 am

What if we changed the rules to at least 3 maps or 1 hour of play? That way on super fast games, we get an extra map or two in.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 26, 2007 at 3:38 pm

So... consensus is 5...

What do we do with other people that like to play?

- Join LWA
- Play on their own
- Play on a different team altogether
- Don't let them play...

RC: We always play 3 maps (I think 4 maybe confusing, ie. who would win in a tie? 3 out 5? some people only have chance to play for an hour anyways... I haven't seen a clan war shorter than 50 minutes or longer than 65... <needless to say I'd play longer too >:)>

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on June 26, 2007 at 4:31 pm

Some discussion points/thoughts about #4:

I think its a good idea to fill out the other teams. That way people who want to play will get to play, and there isn't an issue with skews due to a team not having enough players, but allowing a plyer to join should be up to the clan's participants.

The only problem is that when a member of a clan joins after the guest-player is allowed in, a decision will need to be made as to boot the guest-player, or the late-comer has to join another team or leave. That decision should be up to individual clans and stated in thier policies, rather than concensus, since playing for the clan is a privilage granted by the clan to a guest player.

Guest-member scoring goes to the clan they're playing with, and not the clan that they are from.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 26, 2007 at 10:56 pm

Your poll lacks options....

Most recently, I don't remember an agreement on anything. Vor was right, it was just bring it .

Pabs, if CAT is fielding 6 or 7 members, instead of breaking into a big group and a small group like you seems to always do, have you thought about two evenly sized groups?

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on June 26, 2007 at 11:30 pm

I personally favor the following solution to we have more than 5 players

Create an Extras Clan that consists of anyone from any clan that has more than 5. Since I've never seen more than 5 extras, them working together (rather than in separate CAT2 and GA2 clans) would make a more fun game :)

If we somehow hit more than 5 extra players, we should first say: Are there enough of any clan to make a #2 of their clan? If not, then just make an Extra2 instead.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 27, 2007 at 2:48 am

Pabs, if CAT is fielding 6 or 7 members, instead of breaking into a big group and a small group like you seems to always do, have you thought about two evenly sized groups?
yes, we have: [url]http://www.hallsted.org/ddm-pics/clan-wars/2007/tm-clan-war-03-25-07.html</a>

cats still want to hunt though ;)...we can end up 2nd and 3rd always if one good team come with 5... but i maybe under some pressure from hunters to be balanced...
...and it seems that that would be a necessity... when teams are filled with 5, fill the next ones to 5 as possible.

That also means all extra players may end up in LWA or MOD or whatever team is there left....

LWA/MOD needs to come forth and say if that's ok with them, or we could just put all extra players into an extra team and go from there.

Your poll lacks options.... i was going to change the poll to another option for CAT: 4vs4 but i don't see the poll table anymore...(editing it's off for the poll)

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on June 27, 2007 at 8:21 am

You can't edit or delete the poll once it has at least 1 vote.

An administrator will need to be asked for such actions.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 1, 2007 at 3:17 pm

i don't think anybody who wants to play in a ddm should ever be turned away. if the team limit is 5 and more players from a clan still want in, then i think it's good to let them play as LWA.

originally, the LWA was set up to allow non-clan players a chance to participate in clan wars. i don't think this would be much different.

:)

Level 13 Human bookkeeper
Posted on July 5, 2007 at 4:51 am

LWA's flag is green :)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 6, 2007 at 2:07 pm

Green it is ;)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 17, 2007 at 10:45 pm

There is no sense to having 5 players on one team and only 2-or 3 on another team, that's like playing baseball with out any out fielders.

Extra players fill in lesser clan players simple as that!

I must admit I do enjoy fragging VTB, even if he is on mY team lol.....Only kidding VTB just joking I tyhink ! 8)

Roger that on the Green flag !

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 18, 2007 at 8:31 pm

no no no no no no no NO!

Time for a history lesson... (point by point)

LWA's Origins: yes, LWA was created to allow non-clan members to play during clan wars. But that was a long time ago when the clan war was a public event. When the server went private, LWA was required to change with it. The new private format does not allow someone to just join the game and play, they must already be a member of a clan to get access to the match.

Clan War Player Limit: It seems that some have forgotten why it was created in the first place. Well, way back in the long ago, the LDA server was not as capable as it is now, and bandwidth was in short supply. To prevent one clan from fielding many players and using a large portion of the bandwidth, a limit of 5 players was put in place. This reduced lag and made the event more fun. To quote Ras: The purpose of the limit was to keep it competitive and to reduce lag. (source: http://38.112.120.110/ubb/Forum2/HTML/004402.html)

Later, some voodoo rituals were perfomed on the server and the net connection, and behold, the player limit was raised to 6, and it was good.

(mmm... good food, now where was I...)

Then, as time passed, many were lost, and the great elder clans disbanded, leaving others to take their place, though not as many. And then it was decreed Let my people show! (source: http://www.ldagames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=442 quote kv: field as many as can show )

But alas, this was not acceptable to some, and the choice was made that they would stand divided. (source: http://www.ldagames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=826)

And that was the way it was, until we reached the here and now.

Those who chose to stand divided decried the status, shouting this isn't fair! And then their solution was handed down We shall join those who are lesser.

To this, I say NO!

(ok, there were only two points to make there... but one was really big)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 18, 2007 at 10:25 pm

:) kv, we know you play your best as we all do, that is no big deal!

What was done in the past worked fine than, however this is now and we have fewer players{that is not good} and the ones we have we would like to keep !

How can we encorage new players to join a clan if they show up with only 2 other players on their team and get their fannies whip 3 games in a row month after month. Not a great feeling. On the other hand if we try to balance out the teams, a win really boost the moral.

6 players taking on 3.....is that a fair macth I ask ? :roll:

Think about it !

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 20, 2007 at 5:52 pm

Time for a history lesson... (point by point)

If you rather play in pairs, it's your choice.

We'll continue to attend events... GA seems to have more players now.. so there will be 2 teams of 5 and perhaps 3 more teams of 1, 2 or 3 players. CAT vs GA it's the only competition going at the moment.

But I rather see this (CAT & GA): http://www.hallsted.org/ddm-pics/clan-wars/2007/tm-clan-war-06-24-07.html
than 2 extra teams of 1 person.