Skip navigation

Some help

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Some help
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on June 5, 2007 at 9:49 pm

Yeah I am a good modder... at least I prefer to think so.

But for the life of me I cannot find a certain file that I need.

In my current Modpack I am trying to edit the intro sequence. Now I now how to edit what goes in there but what file runs the entities? So that I can add my banner in?

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 5, 2007 at 10:25 pm

This is just a guess but I bet if you create, in the addons folder
Items along the guidlines of the GUI folder in the application root\ents, that should get you started but, I'm guessing.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 5, 2007 at 11:05 pm

Well I tried tweaking some of the pre-existing files and am waiting to see if it works. But I tried changing the Title Screen and it just went black instead of changing to my new image. I am hoping that will not happen for everything else.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on June 5, 2007 at 11:50 pm

That's a question for Matrix, if only he was around. I don't think anyone played with that part when modding.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on June 6, 2007 at 12:11 am

IntroBack[1-7].ent and TMLogo.ent are the entities used for the intro, but those eight entity names are hard-coded into the game, so there's no way to add an extra page into the sequence. Sorry.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 6, 2007 at 12:25 am

8)

Not a problem I merely edited the pictures in the opening sequence, Adding things not replacing BTW.

And I changed the Fonts, HUD images and ingame Font.

As well as Tank spawn. I am pulling out all the stops for this mod. I did give up on making my own Mesh files however. And I cannot make maps. So ya'll are gonna have to live with my weapons and numerous tanks.

Oh and I make namesounds for all my tanks :D

Can anyone host this file for me? The mod is finished, it is a complete compilation of everything I have done.

If not I think I know some other place...

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on June 9, 2007 at 9:51 am

Hope to take a look at it soon, sounds good. Yeah, meshes and mapping are hard as hell :/

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on June 9, 2007 at 2:13 pm

Well it's the difficulty, I can do it just fine it is the time that is consumed. And if you wanna see the pack go to the link in the Modpack release thread. That is where I put it.

You can see my Bomber tank...

Level 12 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 15, 2007 at 4:27 pm

You about what here chatter?