Skip navigation

Optimizing LDA Games and Preventing Crashes

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Optimizing LDA Games and Preventing Crashes
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on June 5, 2007 at 12:27 am

1. Disable DEP for the game:
On Desktop, right-click on My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Performance Settings button -> Change to Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select!

Now add the Main EXE of each LDA game and press OK

2. Add C:\Program Files\LDA Games\*.* or C:\Program Files (x86)\LDA Games\*.* to your resident virus scanner's excluded area.

3. Use Win98 Compatibly mode for each LDA Game shortcut.
Also make sure you have App. Compatibility Toolkit 3.0 for Win2000 or App Compatibility Toolkit 5.0 for WinXP\Vista installed, both are available from Microsoft.

4. Disable Automatic Updates service and Remote Registry service.
Open Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> right-click Automatic Updates -> Properties -> click Stop button and change Startup Type to Disabled

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on June 5, 2007 at 9:11 am

tick, tick, tick, tick......and tick!.......thanks for the handy hints C :mrgreen: ....i've had heaps of error-reports every night i've played RB since i updated to the new version.......keeping fingers crossed see how it runs now

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on June 5, 2007 at 9:33 pm

Sorry to hear you've had errors. There was a lot of trouble in re-compiling the game with a new compiler (which is why we've avoided it until now). Could you email me and tell me when it crashes for you, so I can fix it?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 28, 2007 at 11:23 pm

WinXP Pro SP2 and Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4
DEP is disabled for Rival Ball

Posted on October 29, 2007 at 5:40 pm

Unfortunately, that doesn't actually help. Can you tell me what you were doing when it crashed?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on October 29, 2007 at 8:28 pm

Ok, a game had just ended which I had lost I think and RB was returning to the lobby to show the scores and crash!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2007 at 9:27 pm

If you have a AMD Dual Core CPU, you should install AMD's Dual Core Optimizer (Updated as of Sept 2007) both RB and RBT seem to run smoother with it installed.

Other games have benefited as well :)

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on November 14, 2007 at 4:43 pm

tick, tick, tick, tick......and tick!.......thanks for the handy hints C :mrgreen: ....i've had heaps of error-reports every night i've played RB since i updated to the new version.......keeping fingers crossed see how it runs now :twisted: hey disko father :twisted: :twisted: who you are very medium in rb.......................................... new clon, DISKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIZK0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIZKO..................... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Posted on November 15, 2007 at 5:44 am

I don't know who you are, but I won't tolerate impersonating people.

Banned.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 5, 2008 at 10:18 pm

RB 1.5.5 and RBT 1.0.5 seem to work under WinXP Pro SP3 as long as the built-in firewall is disabled.

I really need to find out if Comodo Personal Firewall 2.4 is compat with SP3. Don't get me started with v3 of that thing, I'll vomit now should I LOL :)

Level 11 Human gamer
Posted on June 11, 2008 at 9:07 am

Thanks for sharing those great idea in preventing game crashed...Now I know what to do...

Level 12 Human Flyer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on June 12, 2008 at 7:58 pm

Thank You ckit!