Skip navigation

Dead

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Dead
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Human Cosmic Destroyer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on May 3, 2007 at 8:44 pm

I'm getting the impression that TM is dead. and if not, CTF is. can someone host Team CTF servers... I might but I don't know.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on May 3, 2007 at 10:56 pm

What is with you and thinking TM is dead? It's as active now as it ever has been. This has always been a small community, and I don't really see it as less active now than it was 6.5 years ago when I started playing.

Posted on May 3, 2007 at 11:36 pm

I just get that impression due to the fact that there hasn't been a mod in years.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 4, 2007 at 12:43 am

TM is picking up players every week, drop by some time ck out the action! :wink:

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on May 4, 2007 at 7:54 am

No mods in years? Where have you been?

Dennis and others have released quite a few weapons.

Killer updated TMapper and added new features to it.

I've released maps. So has Killer, or did you miss that thread in the top 10 on the board labeled New Maps?

Or what about Tank Target and Space Yard Challenge's projects to make a balanced gameplay mod?

How do you call that no new mods ???

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on May 4, 2007 at 11:44 am

I'm also in the process of designing another one of my mega maps , which will take a couple of months to build all the meshes and stuff.

@Death2: By TeamCTF, did you mean my mod or just CTF in general?
My TeamCTF mod needs at least 6-8 players per team for it to work, and sadly not alot of people like normal CTF, let alone my mod. It also can get laggy, although I haven't ran the server with my faster connection. My newer and significantly faster setup may cut out some of the lag (I've noticed that Armageddon runs much better now).

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 4, 2007 at 3:04 pm

... Space Yard Challenge ...

You mixed my name up. Its Challenge Space Yard, but CSY will also get my attention.

As RC said, the CSY Balance Mod is designed to help balance the weapons. Being able to balance weapons is an important concept, especially for the stupid Shadow Weapon. Despite the design, I haven't yet gotten any replies to the Balance Mod thread (which is located at the signature). Unlike Tank Target's planned mod, the CSY Balance Mod does not add any new weapons or tanks, rather balances the existing weapons. I noticed that the tanks aren't unbalanced, however, I haven't tested all the tanks. Although the Liquid Mite gets extra top speed and acceleration, its grip has been badly cut.

Posted on May 4, 2007 at 6:36 pm

I'm talking tanks and weapons. I haven't seen a single weapon this year.

I'll try hosting a sever but I will required team ctf, race mod weapons, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on May 5, 2007 at 11:08 am

I released a skin mod earlier this year, if not late last year. Other than that, I know I have released many tanks and weapons, and dennis and TT have released lots of packs.

Posted on May 5, 2007 at 4:02 pm

where? almost every site is out of date. (tm mapper 2 dosen't count)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on May 6, 2007 at 5:24 pm

You seem to be dead set on believing TM is dead no matter what we tell you. Therefore I think I will stop trying. I know it isn't dead, but you won't believe us, and I'm getting tired of wasting my time trying to convince you.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on May 6, 2007 at 8:24 pm

I think most of regular players worry only if LDA stock server is up. We play, we have fun therefore we exist...

Mods and other servers are ok, I try to download them or use them as much as I can but they are not my priority...

If you are looking for mods, I think the best one have been made already so new mods are not as joyfully taken...

There are servers (starting on the 1st Sunday and 3rd Sunday) that has CTF and racing... (always fun to take a break from battle)...

Websites and other stuff could be outdated but the only one that really needs to be updated would be the ranked DDM & clan war battle ranking... that may be agonizing but who cares, LDA stock server is up :D

Posted on May 7, 2007 at 6:29 pm

couldn't someone put up some weapon mod servers? the only one up is kaksplatt and it doesn't really appeal to me.

Posted on May 7, 2007 at 7:50 pm

I put up my TeamCTF server for a bit.

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on May 7, 2007 at 10:56 pm

couldn't someone put up some weapon mod servers? the only one up is kaksplatt and it doesn't really appeal to me.

Any idea of what would appeal to you?

Level 14 Human
Posted on May 10, 2007 at 11:55 am

Flying Tanks & Cookie Dough heh heh heh .... :-)

On second thought, I don't think the youngin' has what it takes for FT&CD.

Level 14 Human pita
Posted on May 10, 2007 at 8:31 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

Posted on May 10, 2007 at 9:59 pm

I don't know. anything but stock.

maybe FT+CD or TCTF.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on May 10, 2007 at 10:15 pm

FTnCD server isn't stable (unless someone's fixed it). JL might have a stable copy floating around somewhere, but, unless someone has made contact, I've only seen him online once since he returned from the abyss.

TCTF requires lots of players and organization.

And we do have non-stock servers running:
- Killer sticks up various servers egularly
- Dinochrome Brigade has some non-standard weapons and a few maps
- Harmless Enough is running Killer's 1-shot right now.
- Kasplatt says requires download of mod pack.

Posted on May 11, 2007 at 10:31 am

I got Vacation coming up starting the 21'st. I may have some time to fix up FT'n'CD if I can get the SS ents and cfg from someone.

Pages 1 2