Skip navigation

I have a challenge

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > I have a challenge
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on April 10, 2007 at 7:21 pm

Alright mates...I've been AWOL for a while and felt TM calling me back...so here I am.

And with me I bring a challenge to the modders. I am working on a TM realisim pack. Basically taking every file I can and making it more realisitic. I am however faced with an issue...I have not the time about me to undertake such a task. Not alone at least.

I think the ENTIRE Tread Marks community should together on this while LDA works on Hegenomy. And maybe when we do this we can work together to make a real expansion pack for TM that will be used in Clan wars and on the official server.

Now that is off my chest I wish to ask the powers that be (LDA's team) to give us access to TM's coding and whatnot and for maybe one of our genius modders to find a way to work it... so that if LDA can't we can make TM2... Why not? We make they sell it we're all happy. We get TM2 and they don't have to and can make hegenomy wonderful for those who will play it. If anything I would like to see the community work together to make a better TM or at least a fun mod...

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on April 10, 2007 at 7:45 pm

Parts of your post remind me of the Balance Mod that I am making for Tread Marks. For example, the Shadow Keeper is more fair and does less damage. Cruise Missiles and Nuclear/Matter Bombs do less damage and less kick and takes longer to reload. It makes no sense for the Shadow Keeper to be so unfair. To help balance this out, its damage was cut in half, it took twice as long to reload, and its ammo was significantly cut.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 11, 2007 at 1:31 am

Well basically it is the same in concept but for instance the machine gun has only 60 rounds and does not fire near fast enough or far enough to really be a machine gun. Also for a realisim pack I would be taking all the textures for steel objects and sharpening them to increase realistic looking and appearence I do it in almost all my mods to make it look crisper. But my Idea was an community effort to improve TreadMarks and make it awesomer than it already is. And to show we still love it!!!!!

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 12, 2007 at 4:07 am

Not a bad idea at all, however I suspect that LDA would be concerned about someone coming and stealing the base codes.

So the giving of the codes (if this were to happen) would have to be done privately with whoever would modify it.

Also it would be nice for things like the machine gun to just see smaller more realistic projectiles like little pins which nail into the side of your tank with a more realistic effect....hey wait, I made a double barrel machine gun for one of my packs I think which was similar to that...I'll have to look into that.

Also, even if LDA are unwilling to allow this (I wouldn't blame them) we could still work together to upgrade the look, behavior, and sound of the weapons, even if it isn't like an upgrade, it could be an interesting alternative. :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on April 12, 2007 at 2:06 pm

Well come on guys! The community could benefit from this...oh well if no one else goes into this then you and I can work on it 2ndself...

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 13, 2007 at 10:59 pm

the machine gun has only 60 rounds and does not fire near fast enough or far enough to really be a machine gun.

60mm machine gun rounds hitting a tank would be like flys on a bull. Effective range would be much less than it currently stands in the game.

If you took the modified chain gun that Smokin' Lou built and set the rpm to reality, you'd run out of bullets really quick but the four or five tanks you took out would know you were there. The sound is actual and would require no modification but, was the NUMBER ONE complaint about the weapon.

Posted on April 14, 2007 at 4:34 am

Ammo? Hey we're driving tanks here. We can carry as much as we can fit in the crew's living quarters...

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on May 4, 2007 at 1:06 am

:) Dennis you have a great Idea impoving TM and Having LDA sell TM 2 really would pick up many sales. It has to be one of the best games to come out of 1's and 0's.

All you need is aggrement with LDA and go from their, I really felt from the git-go the TM players are some of the brightes people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and playing with!

My motto LONG LIVE TM ...... 8) ...If they don't join FRAG Them To Hell

AS far as the tekie stuff I'm in the dark , I havn't got the a glimer of what most of the group talks about.....It's my age...I guess!

Level 12 Human Cosmic Destroyer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on May 4, 2007 at 6:37 pm

TM2? COOL!

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on May 4, 2007 at 6:44 pm

Ooo... yay! TM2 :D

Posted on May 5, 2007 at 11:11 am

THe Tekie stuff? Well I consider myself knoledgable about computers, especialy for my age, but I don't have a clue about alot of stuff.

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on May 8, 2007 at 3:06 am

Sounds like a computer consultant in the making.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on May 12, 2007 at 9:39 pm

:) Dennis you have a great Idea impoving TM and Having LDA sell TM 2 really would pick up many sales. It has to be one of the best games to come out of 1's and 0's.

All you need is aggrement with LDA and go from their, I really felt from the git-go the TM players are some of the brightes people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and playing with!

My motto LONG LIVE TM ...... 8) ...If they don't join FRAG Them To Hell

AS far as the tekie stuff I'm in the dark , I havn't got the a glimer of what most of the group talks about.....It's my age...I guess!

question now...what was my idea o_O :shock:

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on May 13, 2007 at 1:30 pm

He must've seen the avatar and mistakenly thought that the post by Tank Target was by you. Those very similar pictures do get confusing sometimes. :wink:

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on May 13, 2007 at 5:53 pm

I think this was an avatar confusion, too.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Posted on May 13, 2007 at 7:27 pm

You mean more than one posted here?

;) :D

Posted on May 14, 2007 at 4:57 pm

Sounds like a computer consultant in the making.

Well...I realy wanna job to do with computers 'cuz I love making them do my bidding lol.