Skip navigation

TMapper 2 - new version availible

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > TMapper 2 - new version availible
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 28, 2007 at 4:59 pm

maybe I can put tmvr.de to rest for good really soon.

Never! :D

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 28, 2007 at 7:02 pm

As this was not rewritten from the ground up, there are bound to be quirks.

Remember this:
All I can say is Gotcha , after all, It was April 1st when I posted that particular page. :twisted:

I fell into KiLlEr's black hole on April 1, 2006. I am more on alert now and expect that page to crop up again on April 1, 2007.

I've restructured the menu bar at http://challengespaceyard.googlepages.com/ to include TMapper 2 in the list of Modification Sites. As said in the intro text, this may not function properly in Internet Explorer.

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on March 28, 2007 at 7:16 pm

Nah, I won't do that again. It lost its punch. :twisted:

Due to popular demand, I added a New Map menu item to clear out the map data allowing you to start a new project. I posted this newer version today. :wink:

Posted on October 9, 2007 at 9:51 am

I posted a minor fix to TMapper 2. If you load a mesh that has a scale property, the object is displayed too large. I also reduced the size of the other objects (tree markers, waypoint markers, etc), so that click position becomes more accurate, and help make selecting easier on crowded maps.

as usual, you can find it here:
http://www.omnilinkavstudios.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=BJS/tmapper2_intro.php&group=BJS&uid=&

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 10, 2007 at 10:51 am

Cool!

How far can you update it? is there a way to make the map on it? or have a default you can change? like a MS Visio for TM? :)

I have difficulties making maps, the TMapper2 is easier to work with (once you have in)... I know you told me to get Gimp... still have to do it...

But how cool would it be to have TMapper-map-abled :)

Even though TMapper2 is easy to use, you do need to take your time to get to know it... cool program though.

Posted on October 10, 2007 at 1:17 pm

I can see what could be done, but there is no better tool than a paint program to create the hightmap.

I do however plan to improve upon the waypoint layout tools to make race maps even easier.

Things like:
- mark the starting point
- using different colors for the different types of gates(waypoints)
- drawing a line between the gates to show the route
- adding tools to easily add and remove gates from the route
- use the meshs to represent the gates instead of the standard cylinder

stuff like that.

In order to do that I have to rewrite the way ents are kept in memory. maybe to the extent that the user interface will have to be changed as well(namely the entities tab).

But, I need the free time to do so. :cry:

Level 11 Human old school map & modpack maker
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on October 11, 2007 at 12:39 am

Hmm, T-Mapper 2 .... *ponders .... should the master map maker return * hmmmm

Reality check - does anyone actually still use mod maps anyway ? or do people just lazily log onto LDA and fight instead ? is it just an artform of the game or are these maps genuinely useful and get some real airtime ?

Pages 1 2