Here's the feature/enhancement/docs:
- Code was decompiled and updated to use the Java 6 runtime and the Java3d 1.5 libraries.
- Mesh objects are previewed using the lwo file of the mesh.
- New x/y translation sliders allow you to pan around the map.
- Flip, Rotate, and Zoom sliders have improved default ranges.
- All five 3d view sliders limits can be modified by the user on the View Config tab.
- When you select an ent from the ent list, use the numeric keypads 8,2,4,6 keys
to move the entity around on the map in 1 meter increments (entity list must have focus for this to work)
holding down alt moves it by 10 meter increments
holding down ctrl moves it in 100 meter increments
You can also holding down shift while clicking on the map to move the currently selected entity to that point.(old)
- Clicking save will respond immediatly.
- A confirmation box will pop up when the file has been sucessfully saved, just in case you walk away and come
- Entities are loaded from the addons folder first, then the stock folders
- Entity type drop down bug fixed
- Click on an entity in the entity list and press 'delete' to delete it.
You can also delete entities by holding down both the ctrl+alt keys and clicking on an object on the map.(old)
- Tool hotkeys!
Ctrl+a - Select Tool
Ctrl+s - Waypoint Tool
Ctrl+d - Tree Tool
Ctrl+f - Forest Tool
Ctrl+g - Mesh Tool
Why such odd key choices? I find its more ergonomic to keep my left hand pinky on the ctrl key and have
all 5 keys right under my fingers. :)
- Dropping a new tree on a map will automatically get its entity id set to 4, if the current value in the field is 0.
If the current value is not zero, that value will be used.
- New menu option Racemap waypoint auto id automatically bumps up the entity id each time you drop a new waypoint
on the map. Holding down the ctrl key when you click will bump the entity id to the next multiple of 100 (a gate way point).
Turning the Racemap waypoint auto id (unchecked) off will reset the id counter. The Racemap waypoint auto id is
automatically shutoff when you load a new map.
Notes about racemaps: The starting line on the map must have an entity id of 0. All waypoints that have an entity id
that is a multiple of 100 (i.e. 100,200,300,400.etc) become gates. All other waypoints that
are not a multiple of 100 (i.e. 101, 213,, etc) are used to direct the AI tanks.
- Removed the update button from the eco tab. Changing the sliders, textboxes, or texture file will now automatically update the
- New Forest factory tool! It randomly places trees in a confined area,
Click on the forest tool (the one below the tree tool) to select this tool. Once the tool is selected,
the current ent selection is cleared and the class/type ent drop downs are rest to the tree defaults.
At this point you can change the type to the tree ent you wish to use. Now click on a spot in the map
where you want the center of the forest to be located. A window will now open to allow you to enter
the parameters to generate the tree.
The widgits are as follows:
Number of trees - The total number of trees you want to generate
Radius(meters) - The maximum radius of area, in meters, to populate with a forest
Aspect ratio - This squishes the area into an oval
50:50 is a circle
100:0 lines up the trees east to west,
0:100 lines up the trees north to south
Direction - Rotates the forest from -90 (face west) to 90 (face east)
Spacing(meters) - The minimum amount of space to leave between the trees. The slider's range is 1-30, but you may enter
any value in the textbox.
Use gaussian random number generator - Use the gaussian random number generator instead of the standard generator.
The gaussian generator will clump more trees in the center of the forest.
The standard generator distributes the trees evenly.
Limit trees to map boundary - Keep the trees on the map, or let them flow on to the repeating sections.
Random Tree Ents - Randomize the tree's entity type before added it to the map.
Okay - Build the forest!
Cancel - Abort the operation
NOTE: If you choose a set of parameters which doesn't allow enough room for the number of trees and their minimum
spacing, The populator will attempt to fit as many trees as possible before giving up.
- The entity parameter textfields are updated as you type, and reject non-numeric characters. You no longer need to hit enter
to make your change stick.
- Progress bar is also used to give helpful tips while working.
- Eliminated calls to system.gc()
- Tweeked the launcher bat file to properly set up the runtime enviornment. The heap size is set to 128mb+128mb. To increase it further,
you may edit the tmapper.bat file. Look for the parameters -Xms128m -Xmx128m and change 128 to the appropriate number of megabytes
for your machine. The more, the better.
- Fixed gui initialization and threading issues.
- Eco textfields are updated as you type, and reject non-numeric characters. Press enter when you finish typing to update the map.