Skip navigation

CSY Balance Mod Preview

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > CSY Balance Mod Preview
Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 19, 2007 at 9:32 pm

Okay. I am now thinking about making a Balance Mod for Tread Marks. How this is going to work is (I need your opinions on this) that I will be balancing all the stock weapons so that each can serve its purpose and stay balanced.

For example, the Shadow Keeper will only have an ammo of 10 and its power (both damage and kick) and weight (remember that weight denotes the chance that a weapon appears, the lower the weight, the rarer the weapon) is cut in half.

If you think this could be further refined, please say so. I want Tread Marks to be even more enjoyable when the weapons are well balanced.

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on March 19, 2007 at 11:30 pm

This is an idea I like. Your idea about how to modify the Shadow to make it more fair to use is an excellent compromise.

I will watch this thread and contribute as I can.

Level 13 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 19, 2007 at 11:50 pm

We need more LDA's Revenge missiles :)

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 20, 2007 at 12:12 am

Gonna have to dig that out of RAS' 85 weapons and give it a weight of 1.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 20, 2007 at 1:50 pm

You know, I have an idea o_o

What if we set the spawn effect to a nuclear mine which drops and explodes as soon as you spawn :P

(oh wait, if we implemented the invincible for 5 seconds thing mentionned in the other topic aswell, this would solve the Spawning problem XD anyone in the immediate area would be obliterated anyways XD)

But seriously, thats not a bad idea... especialy with the shadow idea.

Although, I think it may be better to reduce the fire rate and damage of the shadow, so that although it always hits, it is pretty weak :/

Level 13 Human wizard
Posted on March 20, 2007 at 3:19 pm

Shadow Keeper's damage was already cut in half. Reload rate is doubled to .6 seconds. Nothing else is changed as to this weapon.

In addition, the Matter Bomb and Nuclear Bomb's damage and kick powers have been cut in half and have their reload rate multiplied by 1.5 (for 45 seconds each).

I've also cut the ammo of the Ram drill in half, as I think this weapon is overpowered (this weapon could be used to score at least 5 frags if used properly). Reload rate is also doubled to .2 seconds.

You may preview the page here. I ask for replies if there is disagreement going on related to this mod.