Skip navigation

Racing best times...I will start it up agian

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Racing best times...I will start it up agian
Level 15 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 15, 2007 at 1:51 am

Well, sometime ago I use to run a race ladder and post best lap time for folks with the help of my bro Harmless. I have decided to start it up again since there are folks wanting to race.

Here is the link to the stock best race times: [url]http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-fastest-lap-times.html</a>

Note the that we can set up your own list of best race time. Read the bottom of the link for instruction on where to send your sceenshot.

also note that the race time must not have any AI tanks in it.

Yes...yes...I need to have K redo the setting for the race server.
There are 4 things that need to be changed:
- no AI tanks (set #Number of AI bot tanks. NumTanks = 0 in the dedicated.cfg file)
- no Shadow ( change the weapon WonkeyGun.ent weight = 0. It is under the weapons folder)
- no map rutting (I think that is already done)
- Quicker turnover of the weapons to spawn
(in the C:\Program Files\Tread Marks\entities\Course folder under the StdCheckPoint.ent file. There is a line that states NextWeaponDelay = 2.5
This needs to change to 1 sec. Just rename the it to be =1.0) Otherwise half of the folks passing through the gate will never get a weapon.

So K, let me know when you can do these fixes and we can start up the Stock best race time ladder.

Level 15 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 25, 2007 at 9:41 pm

Oops, maybe I need to get KV 's permission on this matter. I guess, all I was suggesting is that if we happen to race, just get rid of the AI's and then we could post folks best lap time.

The forum is set up for doing the best lap time, it would be ashame to not use it.

Just a thought. I will update folks on the outcome.