FUN DDM IDEAS

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > FUN DDM IDEAS
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 25, 2007 at 11:33 pm

We need Theme Servers to replace the Fun DDMs I think

- Normal Fun DDM
- Jousting (mass drivers only with very low damage - 120mm is reduced in power to provide minimal damage also)

We also used to have a few other games that went on. What do other people want to see? Perhaps we can get a rotation going? We've had 1-shot servers, nuclear servers, FTnCD servers, Soccer server (requires special map, which I think I have somewhere), etc.

Great ideas, but how do you implement them?

BTW: I played Killer's jousting server for first time, lmao... definetely something different...

- People's MODs should be FUN DDM's stuff as well :D

So, how would it be possible to do this?

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 25, 2007 at 11:54 pm

Well, we need to chose which weapon sets to do :)

The core of FTnCD is completely unstable - there are missing entities and entities that crash the server right now. We need to build a new one from the raw mods that JL and Dudymas made, many of which were then later removed from FTnCD and released independently by DVSDuke.

The soccer mod by BamZipPow was never completely finished, but was fun during the testing and should be tried again at some time.

JL used to run regular random servers that were fun, including the FTnCD and Mass Driver Jousting servers. I don't have the any master for Jousting, and I discussed the FTnCD above.

I also used to run a Nuke server with the following mods: Concussion = nuke detonation. MRL Explo = nuke detonation. Avenger explo = matter explo. RGrenades = on hit, spew nuke missile; on nonhit explo, spew matter missile. Of course, this was during the original betas before chained entities carried ownership (thus the missiles would track the person that fired them as well, making the RGrenades all that much more fun!).

As for other servers, I know there are a lot of fun SSO weapons out there we can utilize :)

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on February 26, 2007 at 12:49 am

aw, I must have missed you. I was playing on it with Blue Gender, Jewel and Pie in a Can having a grand ol time.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 26, 2007 at 9:13 am

FTnCD

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on February 26, 2007 at 11:23 am

Heh, never heared of soccer, and never played jousting, could be interesting, but wont the AIs be a pain in the but?

Posted on February 26, 2007 at 9:54 pm

Hence why I like my version of joust better than the mass driver version.

I think I may have the soccer map in my archive, if BZP dosn't have a copy.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 26, 2007 at 10:44 pm

I have one somewhere. Not sure if it's part of the mod I linked to or not.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 26, 2007 at 10:45 pm

Hmm.

I need to make a nuclear bumper tanks mod :)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 26, 2007 at 10:58 pm

Here is my plan:

Entity chain the tank bump sound file to a concussion blast (with area affect).

Then chain the take blow up entity to a nuclear detonation.

Sound fun? :)

Level 14 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Posted on February 27, 2007 at 1:18 pm

Thats smart! One of the best things in TM is that you can link anything to any line! :lol:

Level 13 Human Cosmic Destroyer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 27, 2007 at 6:31 pm

racing is terrible cause of the slippery tanks

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on February 27, 2007 at 10:08 pm

jousting was fun :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 28, 2007 at 10:39 am

- I played BZP's soccer mod, it was a fun map... is there a way to make it a CTF map?

- That sounds like fun RC :) never tried bumping cars either...

- Is there a way to get the tanks (ents) out of the STORM RACE PACK and put it on a battle map?
...Kong put that server some time ago and I thought it was too cool to battle with real cars... Maybe that's another FUN DDM idea... If you tell me how to do it, I can try... :roll:

Level 12 Human Tinker
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 28, 2007 at 1:56 pm

Hence why I like my version of joust better than the mass driver version.

I think I may have the soccer map in my archive, if BZP dosn't have a copy.

If we can simulate soccer in TM, I will be very pleased.

Jousting sounds like fun, and 1-shot-frag games are a new bit of fun for me since we have one to play with at the main server IP list.

One thing I have always wanted to try to implement with TM, but do not have the coding skills for, is to make an actual game of bumper tanks- in that in order to frag, we have to have the tanks make physical contact. Then, perhaps, put in a few of the weapons that can cause kinetic force (mass driver, concussion, missiles, et cetera), but adjust them to do nothing else *but* kinetic force hits (no damage in other words), and it could be lots of fun using those to fend each other off.

I am not certain if this is even able to be done with a mod, though. I certainly would love it. The entire game dynamic would be altered, which would give us something new to toy around with.

Posted on February 28, 2007 at 3:41 pm

The soccer mod is on RC's site ([url]http://treadmarks.vorklift.com/tm_download.php?id=21&aid=24</a>).

I'll put up my joust server again tonight. I feel like playing a little on it. LOL

I also plan to put my TeamCTF server up again for a bit. I want to see if my improved net connections improve the lagginess.

You can check the status of my servers here:

http://www.omnilinkavstudios.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=TMServers/serverView.php&group=TMServers

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 1, 2007 at 1:01 am

- I played BZP's soccer mod, it was a fun map... is there a way to make it a CTF map?

Not really...it wasn't meant as a CTF...only as a soccer goal. ;)

I had to put the flags on top of the goal so you could see which goal was which.

You can whittle away at the structure until you git an access to the flag but the goal itself was designed to kill you. The server setup was to have only 1 AI tank (the soccer ball). As you kicked the tank into the goal it would kill the tank and the team who's goal it crossed into would have to track the score manually.

I'm sure that the mod could probably be tweaked some more to git the goals to be on teams so it would acknowledge the score on the appropriate team. ;)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 5, 2007 at 1:49 am

So there isn't a way to transform a map to CTF mode? :( I thought your soccer map would be cool for CTF as well...
I change the settings for the spawn thingy from the goals to not go all the way down so I could get the flag or just get in, but the AIs were getting trapped behind the goal...lol.
I like the idea of a tank being a ball, then you can shoot it or bump it to make it go to any direction.
I don't have a clue how the scores can be obtained, since the AI would have to on its own team and the other 2 teams would be on their own... hence I thought of CTF :D ... Then again, 2 teams with an unmovable AI for each, 2 balls going at the same time may make things easier...
Soccer mod is a great concept though... I wish I read the old forum and decipher more things on my own :|

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 6, 2007 at 3:34 am

<a href="http://38.112.120.110/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000303.html">Thread 1</a>
<a href="http://38.112.120.110/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000329.html">Thread 2</a>

;)

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on March 15, 2007 at 2:03 am

Ifrit CTF ....I miss it so much...LOL

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on March 15, 2007 at 11:32 pm

Nobody mentioned pool, or the other obscure maps in the anarchy pack - i'm hurt - lol. Oh there's the beta racetrack I made, if anyone still has it feel free to distribute; and the underwater one, and the pinball table, and the ice park maps, the haunted house, candyland (revenge on the teletubbies)... the stargate sg-1 maps, i'm sure there's more - I forget. Had to force people to play on em so they can't have been that good... lol

Well, l8r.

Pages 1 2