Skip navigation

New Participants - want to join clans...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > New Participants - want to join clans...
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 30, 2007 at 11:40 am

Hi all,

...another player is enquiring about joining our clan... it seems there are no other alternatives out there...

I'm going to refer players that want to enroll in clans to GA-666 & LWA- MelonCracker....(or tell me who...; and if you don't want me to refer you new players, please explain why so I can explain the rest of our clan why we have to keep spliting in clan battles :lol: )

I still think TM is the most fun game yet.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 30, 2007 at 5:34 pm

Perhaps we need a 4th clan?

GA actually had 5 people turn out last match, though I'm technically not GA - I'm TC; allied with GA for tournaments (TC was previously allied with BWL, but then BWL vanished).

If GA can get a 5th active player, then we might be able to form up a new clan from the extras from all the clans?

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 30, 2007 at 7:46 pm

Two things:

1st: why would you refer someone to melon about joining LWA? I mean thanks for refering them to somebody, but a former BWL member?

2nd: LWA absorbed BWL, then the BWL members disappeared (well, almost all of them).

Isn't MOD currently holding the status of fourth clan ? Perhaps you could steer new players that way, if MOD is accepting new members...

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on January 30, 2007 at 11:38 pm

By 4th clan, I was referring to the extra Cats and those that don't have homes right now.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 31, 2007 at 10:45 am

>CAT<GIRL offered a good idea:

Why not you guys start a thread; maybe Rick can stick it (hopefully banned from spammers) that lists each clan sign up sheet...

New players don't know where to go to sign up for clans but they mostly see us cat playing, I think that's why they enquire us....

That way I can just refer them to this site and threads and they can make up their own mind :D

Almost like a myspace thread for each CLAN... ?

**Kv: I thought whomever should be refered to, should be the most active of each clan and I see MelonCracker every other day...
** RC: We currently have 3 other members that may show up next clan battle so we really need to boost GA & LWA numbers....
**MOD: Has not participated as much; Dennis showed up last battle and just chatted senseless stuff as he switched from team to team... finally in the last game he decided to try and GMAN & I ended up in last place :lol:

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on January 31, 2007 at 5:36 pm

Sounds like a good idea.

I'm assuming each clan manager should create a signup sheet for their own clan?

------

What clans are there and how active are they?
--
TC (Temporal Chaos): 1 active member; not accepting new members due to membership requirements unable to be met by any other active players. Membership requirements require active play during any of the Betas of Tread Marks, either the 2000 betas or the single beta in fall 2001.

GA (Gold Ant): 4 active members + alliance with TC's active member. Regularly shows at events.

CAT: Many active members. Regularly shows at events.

MOD: 3 active members; rarely shows at events.

LWA (Lone Wolf Association): Many active members. Showing at event is erratic and rarely more than 4 players.

MG (Mining Guild): 1 active member. This is not a clan per-say, but rather an organization of players that like to modify the terrain in new and unique ways.

Did I miss any?

**P: But as a GA I can't kill 666 in the clan games! :twisted:
**666: Just kidding :D

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Posted on February 3, 2007 at 12:39 am

Hey RC,

What about reconstituting TC? I could give you some space on my forum if you would like, let you take charge of monitoring it your end.

I've been swampted so if you are interested, let me know.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 3, 2007 at 9:42 am

Well, how many players do we have from the Betas?

TC had very specific join requirements: beta player. I don't think we have that many.

I know who everyone was in the 1.5 beta, and most of them aren't playing or are in other clans and not interested. Those from the original beta? I think I'm the only one still left. Even Dreamer has stopped playing now.

I could change the requirements, but I'd need to determine some way of evaluating the longevity of play in the person.

--RC

Level 12 Human Tinker
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 4, 2007 at 4:03 pm

I could change the requirements, but I'd need to determine some way of evaluating the longevity of play in the person.

--RC

When *were* the betas in use? I have been playing since 1999, though I do not recall the season. Definitely before November. I do not recall anything about beta versions at that time since I had just picked up the demo that year.

I do remember that speeds used to be in KpH, though. When that suddenly became MpH, I was a bit tickled. That, and nukes were introduced in a new version after I started playing the game, which was a nice surprise to find laying around. :)

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 4, 2007 at 10:29 pm

The public betas ended around Nov/Dec. 1999 with the release of version 1.0 retail about that time.

The 1.5 private betas started were late summer/early fall 2000 with the release of version 1.5 retail in late fall.

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on February 5, 2007 at 1:20 pm

The public betas ended around Nov/Dec. 1999 with the release of version 1.0 retail about that time.

The 1.5 private betas started were late summer/early fall 2000 with the release of version 1.5 retail in late fall.

Has to be a beta version I was playing, then. I picked it up off a shareware site- probably the old incarnation of Downloads.com, or Tucows. Well. Interesting, that. I also remember being a little irritated that the one demo had three tanks to use, and then it dropped to two. If memory serves me, that induced me to buy the game.

Thank you for the data, Random Chaos. It is nice to know that I have been playing since the beginning.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Posted on February 5, 2007 at 5:28 pm

I started back in September of 1999 myself. There weren't many players then, and most of those have since vanished, replaced by many others.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on February 9, 2007 at 12:07 am

Well, if anyone wants to join the GA Clan, just send me an email.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 9, 2007 at 11:25 pm

I do remember that speeds used to be in KpH, though. When that suddenly became MpH, I was a bit tickled.

You can change it back to KpH in yer config file... ;)

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on February 11, 2007 at 12:51 am

I do remember that speeds used to be in KpH, though. When that suddenly became MpH, I was a bit tickled.

You can change it back to KpH in yer config file... ;)

...just made my day, you did. :) I will get to it this evening.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on February 11, 2007 at 11:48 am

or you can refer them to SED of MOD (whether it is just mod or not depends on Jujaga's decision)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 11, 2007 at 2:14 pm

Well, if anyone wants to join the GA Clan, just send me an email.

or you can refer them to SED of MOD (whether it is just mod or not depends on Jujaga's decision)

Your lines may not be enough to motivate players to join... A simple sticky thread welcoming people, talking to them on-line (primarily because most players don't check this forum), being respectful and friendly seems to work better ;)

Level 12 Human Tinker
Posted on February 12, 2007 at 12:28 pm

Your lines may not be enough to motivate players to join... A simple sticky thread welcoming people, talking to them on-line (primarily because most players don't check this forum), being respectful and friendly seems to work better ;)

It certainly worked for me. The good attitudes, demonstrated TM skills, and friendly discourse brought by CAT Clan folk on the main LDA server is what persuaded me to accept Viper-II's initial offer to me to join them. 8)

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on February 15, 2007 at 11:01 am

I just joined Gold Ant.

This post certainly helped me a lot, to be able to view all the recruiting clans, so I think it (or something resembling it) should definitely be stickied. :)

Thanks 666,

BB

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on February 15, 2007 at 10:16 pm

Well, welcome aboard Mr. Blue!!
NIce to have another Ant in the hill!!!!!

Pages 1 2