Skip navigation

Sunday 1/14, Stock Ranked DDM 8 EDT/5 PDT/12 GMT

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Sunday 1/14, Stock Ranked DDM 8 EDT/5 PDT/12 GMT
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 13, 2007 at 3:46 pm

Stock ranked DDM time, server is up.

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 14, 2007 at 4:39 pm

well, i had planned on being there...

right now it's about 1:30pm and i was just informed that
the family is getting together at 5pm to have dinner at
the old spaghetti factory. meat lovers special here i come :)

so if enough people show up, some one else needs to take
screen shots and send them to me so i can post them up.

toodles,
harmless

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 15, 2007 at 7:52 am

4 people first two games, no one 3rd game. Not enough for it to be official, but I took screenshots if we want them posted anyway.

KV: We really need to announce these more than a day ahead :)

Level 14 Human bookkeeper
Posted on January 16, 2007 at 12:40 am

thanks for taking them, but there's no real point in posting them.

you know, as a general observation, i don't think massive advertisment will improve general attendance. it's been years now that every month, the 2nd sunday is a ranked DDM and the 4th sunday is a clan war. it should be second nature to most everyone by now, and it should really require no regular advertisment.

it really seems like, you'll get approx 3 times as many people showing up for clan wars than a DDM. i have no idea why, but that has been my general feeling on attendance rates.

it almost seems like people don't like to go it alone, but would rather do battle with team mates.... maybe it's a personal thing with DDM's and people feel that their score is a reflection of themselves whereas in a clan war, they are no longer an individual and their score gets added to the total and they have a degree of anonymity...

i don't know how many months i wondered to myself... why can't all these clan people show up for ddm's. you do the same thing with both of them, you drive around blowing up the other tanks and having fun. the only conclusion that i can think of is that we keep track of the ranked ddm's, and that over time, people would rather desperately try to come in first place instead of desperately try to have fun, get frustrated and just blow the whole thing off and prefer clan wars since their efforts count more.

personally, i'd rather go it alone in a ddm, but i also have expectations that probably are not too common. i can hold my own just fine, but i never expect to do well, and when i do well, it's frosting on the cake for me. and half the time, i'm acting more like an AI tank than a scheming human trying to maximize my frags. but that's just me.

ummm, anyway, nevermind.

toodles,
harmless
:)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on January 16, 2007 at 8:56 pm

I agree with you Harmless with everything except for the massive advertisement part.
I think it's essential to announce at least a week prior; once the server is on-line. That way people know it's really happening. I checked the forum and saw nothing posted, therefore I didn't show up.
If you say that it will happen as it's supposed to (2nd Sunday of every month) then I'll start advertising to our clan from now on and see how many show up next month.... I'm sure it'll make a difference. Most of our clan are active players, if they try to show up, you'll see at least 5 of us there...
Starting next month, I'll start a couple spam threads (1 for Ranked DDM and 1 for Clan Battles) maybe people need some motivation :twisted:

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 16, 2007 at 11:58 pm

If I hadn't accidentally clicked the LDA forum tab and hit refresh on board Saturday afternoon, I doubt I ever would have realized there was a DDM. Usually I don't update the LDA forums on weekends because people rarely post then. And when I play TM, I almost never check the servers (I just automatically join LDA General without even seeing where people are playing).

--RC