Skip navigation

Been quiet hows it getting on?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Been quiet hows it getting on?
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 5, 2007 at 2:54 pm

I went back through the threads and found theres been no news since early october on it? So what are you working on? sharppening your spears :lol: ?

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on January 5, 2007 at 6:29 pm

Hmmm... they look pretty sharp to me... are you sure needing them sharper than an atom is necessary? *steals spear and shanks an apple with it*

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 5, 2007 at 10:10 pm

You could say we have our noses to the grindstone >:)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 6, 2007 at 12:56 am

Grindstone = lots of friction
Nose + friction = funny noise
Therefore Rick and friends are having funny noises... I wonder which kind...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 6, 2007 at 1:01 pm

You could say we have our noses to the grindstone >:)

you should be sharpening arrows not shaping your noses.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 7, 2007 at 6:03 am

Hey I wonder what would happen if I tried to rob a bank with a bow and arrow? :lol:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 7, 2007 at 4:13 pm

They would probably press a big red button, something in the bank explodes, and then cheese bringing llamas come to the rescue by restraining you with said cheese.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 7, 2007 at 4:17 pm

then the cheese will eat you for comming up with such a stupid idea

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 18, 2007 at 9:31 pm

woo! Awesomeness! I hope it's done soon... then I'll have both of my two biggest RTS joys attained: a good clean sci-fi RTS (supreme commander) and a good clean historic RTS (Hegemony, o' course).

So far all the others I've ever played have always had that 'flavor enhanced' after-taste that I oh so hate. But then, maybe my opinion is just weird in general. After all, my favorite RPG (more than WoW or anything else) has always been Slash'em.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 19, 2007 at 6:48 am

woo! Awesomeness! I hope it's done soon... then I'll have both of my two biggest RTS joys attained: a good clean sci-fi RTS (supreme commander) and a good clean historic RTS (Hegemony, o' course).

So far all the others I've ever played have always had that 'flavor enhanced' after-taste that I oh so hate. But then, maybe my opinion is just weird in general. After all, my favorite RPG (more than WoW or anything else) has always been Slash'em.

your missing C&C3 from your RTS games.

as for RPGs will your troops experience get saved between campains?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on January 20, 2007 at 3:32 pm

I hate to say it, but I've never liked C&C... my roomie loves it and has let me play with all forms of it, and every single one just doesn't catch me. I think it's because it feels too linear to me. I never feel like it will let me be as crazy as I desire. Total Annihilation has, in my opinion, always been superior, but I don't want to start a flame war... I think it depends on the kind of strategy you're into.

Uh... and um... I guess you might have never played slash'em.

[warning! off topic!!!]
It's a simple turn based rpg... very retro flavors are available. I used to play it for 10 hours at a time while listening to beefy trance remixes and eating large bowls of cookie dough. Back when I'd play TM every day for hours at a time as well, everyone who chatted with me on icq knew there were only three buttons on my robotic body: play TM, play nethack, play slashem. ok ok... and mangband and crossfire as well. Man oh man, crossfire was hilarious fun right until you hit the wall where you had to dedicate way too much effort to continue leveling up. I also played a LOT of xpilot. And really, I feel like doing it again. It's such a great retro game.
[okay, getting back on topic]

More or less my parents forced me to go to sleep or get off the computer so they could use it for lowly things such as money management, email, and web browsing. I think a good rts should be like TA, but perhaps one problem with TA is that many of the games were geared at people who could afford 10 hours of game time per game. C&C has had shorter game times for me, at least, and so perhaps it'd be important for Hegemony to facilitate both long and short games well. Maybe that's asking a bit much, but if they had a level designer coupled with the game, I'm sure most people (including me) would be able to stretch the limits and make short and fast maps... assuming you can design the scenarios people get.

And please please don't mention Warcraft or Starcraft. I'm sorry... but once again, those just weren't that fun for me. Warcraft definitely had some awesome online play though.... I totally loved some parts of the single player too... but overall, I couldn't devote 100% because there simply was NOT the depth that I needed.

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on January 21, 2007 at 5:55 am

C&C never interested me, but I do so love DoW which I got with all it's expansions for crimbo :3 UNLEASH CHAOS!