Skip navigation

The future

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > The future
Level 15 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 8, 2006 at 12:30 am

What is the future have in the cards for TM, will it ever be updated, will it endor all the comp. from other games. ????? :cry:

I feel that some of the old playes have not been around for some time Like Meloncracker. Salior, Even 242 don't show up like he use to!

For my money it's the best game of them all...comments please! :roll:

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on December 9, 2006 at 5:47 pm

I agree....it is the fairest PVP game out there. Now, I did try to introduce different aspects of TM, for instance Ifrit Racing, Ifrit CTF and a Modded racing ladder, but it took a lot of time for little response when most just wanted to play the stock maps in a DDM fashion. I still believe the strength of TM is modding. In fact, I am very pleased that a new clan of modders appeared on the scene. So, the game is still cool, we have monthly events, and folks who want to play the game.

I am most happy that it is continues to be played my new folks.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on December 9, 2006 at 6:30 pm

:D 666 thanks for the input, and thank you for your efforts to make TM better.

One problem{which is directed to a knucklehead like me} down loading mods-maps sends me in a tail spin.....many times I screw up so bad I feel like jumping out the window{1st floor only :lol: }...all kidding aside, communications or the lack of it is the root cause of some change, or new idea not making it's way to the playing field.

This problem of not being able to go to the forum from the main start-up menu, I feel caused a lot of people not to bother logging into the forum. Which I am very guilty of, but thanks to Vortex I now log in regulary. If a quick click to get to forum was at hand, than I think your efforts and changes would fly. One thing I can say about you old timers help was always a hour or day away! :mrgreen:

When I first join up on the forum {over 2years ago} you guys had some great info and ideas that was flowing like a river.! I don't see that today, why the drop off is beyond me with such a great game as TM....my suggestion is to make the forum easy to jump in!....well that is my 2 cents

Always a pleasure to play TM with you 666 or trips lol!

PS...A major draw back to keeping new players, that for some unkown reason, Rick, drop the team flags from LDA..... I always felt that it was a great way to get your feet wet when you hook up with one of the old guard.....everybody {well almost everybody} likes to play on a team!
If uncle Rick could bring team flags back than I KNOW THE NEW PLAYERS would mulitiply......I'm glad LDA is on www.download.com...type in tank games there it is HOOOOORAAAY! :lol:

Level 14 Human Retired
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 11, 2006 at 10:10 pm

I apologize if I am not on the maps as much as I used to be, but projects at work have been keeping me very busy trying to complete everything on my plate by the end of the year and some new ones going into the first of next year... Since I have taken over all backups for all platforms at my work as well as all disk storage array administration and have to redesign the backup structure and learn everything about the disk arrays (we have about 30+ terebytes of it) I am kept pretty busy, but I have not forgotten TM and still try to get on once in a while to keep some modicum of ability (even though I was never that good). I would like to see some of the maps that I made used sometimes and there is the community mod that I helped put together that has some of them and other peoples weapons and special effects that make for a great server if you ever see one with it loaded. Just not many people who put up those mods and provide access to the downloads - my maps are all on my website in my signature, I hope people will use them in single user mode and then let me know if they like them and maybe we can get some servers that have some new maps for general use. KV you could set up a some and let people know what maps are needed for them. Anyway I am still around so don't think I have disappeared or anything - TM is to good to forget that easily!!!