Skip navigation

Should Tread marks be attempted to be added on Xfire?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > Should Tread marks be attempted to be added on Xfire?
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 24, 2006 at 4:42 pm

What is Xfire? (skip this section if you know)

Xfire is a gaming based messager program which allows for ingame chatting , one click server join and a server brouser I won't say the website here but you can use a search engine if your interested.

How will this help treadmarks?
If treadmarks was supported people would go and download the demo, Enjoy it buy the full game and play multiplayer on it meaning more people on the servers from all over the world.

I would like to hear the Treadmarks tank lovers opinion before i ask to have it added.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 24, 2006 at 7:32 pm

Yay tanks and chatting! *talks to a tank*
I hate xfire, but getting more new people to pop up around here would be great. ^_^

Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on November 25, 2006 at 10:56 am

I like Xfire, and I think it would also give TM a boost...I planned to make a small animation with tanks some time when Im bored, maybe I can post it on my sheezyart acount and mention TM there :3

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 25, 2006 at 12:30 pm

I like Xfire, and I think it would also give TM a boost...I planned to make a small animation with tanks some time when Im bored, maybe I can post it on my sheezyart acount and mention TM there :3

You have Xfire? whats ur addie?

Posted on November 26, 2006 at 9:18 am

tayld001atsgfldotorgdotuk ;)

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on November 26, 2006 at 1:16 pm

Yah Xfire may be something that will help bolster membership. On one of the games I play (freelancer) Xfire is used quite often.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on November 27, 2006 at 11:35 pm

tell us more about xfire.

Posted on November 28, 2006 at 11:16 am

X fire is a program you download that functions practically as an instant messenger, as well as providing quick acess to any server on the games it supports, making it practical to arange which server to meet someone on, it also allows you to see the number of players on a server, other people online and what theyre playing on what server, and other important information, for instance.

*logs on* ah yes, 666 is on dinachrome (or whatever its called, its been a while for me :/), but I see Nn9, dennis and Jujaga are on the LDA ladder server (again its been a while :/):

-from 2ndself to 666: Hey come over to this other server, dennis, Jujaga and Nn9 are there.

-from 666 to 2ndself: kk Ill be right there! thx

*logs into LDA ladder*

Hey guys!

*666 joins*

HIYA!

------------------------------------------------

And there you have it XD

Level 15 Human Jack-of-all-trades
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 28, 2006 at 10:35 pm

We had something like that except for the chat which showed players online, maps in play and gave statistics for players on servers and players in general.

Members of this forum crapped down Killier's throat for his efforts which he donated to the game.

Hey Killier? Did I ever thank you for your effort and/or apologize for how you were treated? If not, thank you and I'm sorry.

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on November 29, 2006 at 10:44 pm

You are most welcome :D

Funny, I was actually going to add the chat ability, but decided that it would be too annoying. But in its currant mothballed state, logscan can do that with little work. IIRC, the last features I added was the inter-server event notification that sent out in-game notifications to let players know of an event that is going to start on another server.

But alas, I had enough of people calling me a spy who sold thier game information, and my intrusion into thier privacy was what killed off player interest. :evil:

Ah... we shouldn't go there...........

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 30, 2006 at 1:37 pm

It would be so cool to keep stats for clan war and ddm battles.... but the events themselves need a boost.
The reminders for events were nice too, but most importantly the server selector :cry:

I don't know about voice chatting during game though... if it's going to use the players' bandwidth & memory, it will probably add more lag into the whole.... plus I tried telephone chatting with VTB once and we talked 90% BS & 10% TM stuff related... :lol: (Interesting concept yet not very necessary, that's just me though).

I hope you don't stop looking at enhancing capabilites for logscan, :edited:

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on December 1, 2006 at 4:48 pm

The added lag was exactly why I didn't add it. :)

The big problem logscanb had was with the webservice's php implementation having an issue keeping track of playing time, live players etc. Since I now run my own webserver, I can have it talk to a real webservice implemented in C# or Java to get get around the issues I have with the php implementation.

However. I'm not looking to improve it, since its completely unused at this point. But its a nice trip down memory lane, for the most part at least. LOL