Skip navigation

Rebooting

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Rebooting
Level 12 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 11, 2006 at 3:59 pm

Is it possible Rick whenever u gonna reboot the server please send me a message one day before rebooting so that i stop playing. Cuz today i logged on today and iam surprised to see 56 wons were gone. This really getting too far :x :x

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2006 at 4:29 pm

We all know only to well how your feeling Cooler. Seems we all took a major Loss on Friday :x None of us can understand why this problem can't be fixed once and for all :!: Just ridiculous :roll:

Level 12 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2006 at 4:33 pm

Yea its been more than a year and this problem never ends.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 13, 2006 at 4:27 pm

We reboot the server to stop this from happening. It's not a don't play on the day we reboot situation.

My apologies.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 13, 2006 at 5:10 pm

We reboot the server to stop this from happening. It's not a don't play on the day we reboot situation.

My apologies.

It just seem like everytime you guys reboot the system the games are lost :cry: is there anyway to save rankings before rebooting?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 13, 2006 at 8:06 pm

That's actually the core of the problem. The game runs just fine, but after several days (usually) it stops saving the scores to the server. We've debugged the problem to find that the code is getting into an invalid state, so we reboot the server every two or three days to stop this problem from popping up.

This is a particularly tough problem to solve, because it takes several days before getting to that state, so we won't know how more until we can devote more time to the problem. Unfortunately, we need to get Hegemony out before we can afford to devote time to a server that we essentially offer for free, so our stop-gap solution will have to remain until then.

Sorry for the continuing inconvenience.