Skip navigation

What's up with the RB backup system?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > What's up with the RB backup system?
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on December 12, 2006 at 11:54 pm

Exactly! ^_^

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 18, 2006 at 8:29 pm

And it has reared it's ugly head--once again--to the tune of 70 points..in my case anyhow..
Superb...

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on December 18, 2006 at 9:08 pm

Just me being curious, but how do you back up the system? Do you just back up everything inside the C:\Program Files\LDA Games\Rival Ball\GameRooms folder? I know that's where the rank data is stored on the client side, and I am pretty sure it is the same for the server side. Is this right Rick or am I a bit off? If it is merely backing it up, wouldn't a scheduled task simply fix its woes of backup... say doing it at midnight every day or something? And to address the problem... if RB crashes, I would assume that the program causes an error or fault and it goes back to the desktop or something similar. If that was the case, couldn't a simple macro or batch file be written to catch the crash? If it caught the crash, it would then draw from the latest backup and restore it and execute the program again... there's my 2 cents for the day... ^_^

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 19, 2006 at 2:52 am

I had described the nature of the problem here.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 22, 2006 at 9:26 pm

Well, the problem is HERE again---must be Friday---nice Christmas present...TYVM

Pages 1 2