Skip navigation

What's up with the RB backup system?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > What's up with the RB backup system?
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on October 23, 2006 at 2:44 pm

Ive played RB this weekend and pulled up a bunch of wins that are are no longer there now? I know there is a backup system in place. But it seems not to be working.. This isn't the first time this has happen. Is there anyway this can be pervented? Is there a time of day that we shouldn't play so you guys can back things up? This is getting frustrating..too many games being erased. I don't mind if it was a few games here and there thats not my beef. It's when you play like 40,50 games over the weekend or weekday and the next day it's gone. Is there anything i or anyone else should do to avoid these loss of games? :idea:

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on October 23, 2006 at 6:31 pm

We're not sure what's been causing this bug. We've looked into it, but we haven't had the time to really fix it properly yet.

In the meantime we've been taking measure to make this bug happen less often (or at least, be less severe when it does happen), but occasionally it'll still slip through.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on October 23, 2006 at 6:43 pm

(empty)

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on October 23, 2006 at 6:51 pm

Casper, you use the hacker term too freely. Logically speaking, I know that they most likely wouldn't care about the statistics of the games because honestly, they probably wouldn't care about that. Secondly, if there were really hackers, losing a few wins and what not would be the least of our problems, since if hackers as you say it are actually doing damage, they will really do major damage, no just revert the clock a few days. Honestly, I think it's just the server not being able to cope with all of the users that are on the server since there are what... 30k plus profiles? Every time someone plays on there and wins or loses, the rank has to be changed and calculated between all those 30k profiles... if you know where I'm getting at, it won't take long before the server starts having troble keeping up with all those calculations to keep the rank system in order... that may be another reason why. Honestly, if hackers really wanted to hack, they would take the server down, screw it up, and probably give denial of service attacks to the servers... or even LDA themselves... they wouldn't do something as petty as changing the wins and losses of people.

Posted on October 23, 2006 at 7:17 pm

It's certainly not hackers. We know what the problem is, we just don't know (exactly) how it's happening. Unfortunately, it's happening in a difficult place to debug, and it's not easily reproduceable, which is why we haven't been able to dedicate the time to fixing it properly yet.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2006 at 2:30 pm

over 100 games lost :( mostly wins un%#@$real :x

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2006 at 4:21 pm

over 100 games lost :( mostly wins un%#@$real :x

Sure is unreal :roll: Seems something happened to the server somtime Friday. We all took a major loss :x

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on November 11, 2006 at 4:24 pm

Today when i logged in iam surprised to see 56 wons were gone. :( :x

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 4, 2006 at 8:25 pm

Dec 04,2006
Lost 180 points---that's 80 games..
This is so pointless ( not meant as a pun)
Time for a new past-time... :?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 5, 2006 at 5:45 pm

same here, lost over 100 games
looking forward to the problem being fixed

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 5, 2006 at 6:10 pm

Looking forward to the $22million draw tomorrow night............

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 6, 2006 at 11:22 am

same here, lost over 100 games
looking forward to the problem being fixed

I dont think it will ever be fixed bear.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 7, 2006 at 10:26 am

I don't agree with you 100% there cooler it WILL be fixed but due to other LDA projects its gonna take a while.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 7, 2006 at 12:27 pm

I don't agree with you 100% there cooler it WILL be fixed but due to other LDA projects its gonna take a while.

We will see NN9.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 11, 2006 at 6:31 pm

I dont think it will ever be fixed bear.

yes It has been happening for so long now...

One day, hopefully, so long, will be so long ago, :)

on a different note, can the lottery be fixed?
hehehe rubs hands together

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 12, 2006 at 11:49 am

We will see NN9.

so we will my friend so we will.

Rick just a question is it a bug in the code or the server causing this?

Posted on December 12, 2006 at 3:31 pm

Yes.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 12, 2006 at 4:56 pm

Yes.

that doesn't answer my question.

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on December 12, 2006 at 6:11 pm

Rick said Yes there is a bug in the code or the server that is causing causing that. ^_^

Posted on December 12, 2006 at 10:46 pm

Well, there's a bug in the server code.

Pages 1 2